Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Hyper Trinity

What do you guys think of these? I'm looking at getting last years model. Are they a quality wheel and do they last? How is the grip and the rebound?

the $1 ones on HockeyGiant? I've been thinking about them too. I've had the Unity, not a bad wheel, good grip but I know a few guys where it seperated from the hub on them.

havent used any of the new hyper products. not sure if they changed at all but i loved the trinity back a couple years ago. good performance and the durability was about average maybe a little above back then i was playing like a hundred games a summer so i changed wheels alot tho

Yea, I'm not looking to be using them a ton. Just for a few tournaments coming up as I don't feel like dropping 70.00 on wheels at the moment. I don't have the money either so that doesn't help much either.

We have been very pleased with the performance and durability of the Trinity. So much so, that we put it on the top of the line Boss skate for next year...

Yea, I'm not looking to be using them a ton. Just for a few tournaments coming up as I don't feel like dropping 70.00 on wheels at the moment. I don't have the money either so that doesn't help much either.

please please please stop doing these to yourselves and just get rink rats. I don't know about this "nickyb13" person but i thought last years trinity SUCKED. this years trinity smells of factory all over it with the "flex groove" and it sticks!

Justin, i know i'm not the biggest mission fan around here and i'm sure i'll get flamed but please just take a look at your past history. When was the last time you've had success dealing with hyper from a customers stand point and it's only fair to include the factory disaster? So when i hear you telling us about how great these wheels are i hear nothing but company propaganda just like every other time you've released a skate. I don't know what happens behind the scenes when it comes to the wheeling and dealing but i'll take a shot in the dark here and say that you guys are in ha-koohs with someone from hyper and get a pretty sweet deal to include their wheels in your lineup. Also something completely unrelated i think you guys should give some kind of "rebate" for anyone willing to send you back any wicked skates when purchased with your new skates coming up. When you have this many people complaining about the SAME thing it's a defect and in other industries it'll be recalled. You guys made a mistake so don't make the customer paid for it.

let the flaming commence! :ph34r: ps. don't pm me either..

Yea well lets see

Hyper Trinity- On sale for 2.50/wheel

RR Hornet- 9.00/Wheel

Hotshot- 7.00/Wheel

Tough choice, especially when I don't have much cash at the moment

And I'm not even going to comment on your ignorant post. Lets just leave it at that.

Shute,

You are entitled to your opinion. The world we would be boring if everyone thought like I did. As for me promoting our product, I am not in our marketing department. However, I come on these boards because I believe in the product. I design and build the product to the best of our resources. Sometimes products do not work for everyone. I don't believe there is ever going to be a product that works for everyone. My job is to listen to consumers, players, parents, and our owners. I take their feedback and give them the best product we can.

I promote the brand because I care and believe in it.

In regards to the Wickeds:

How many people are on this board? How many people have bought Wickeds? How many have issues? The number of skates we have sold with no issues, is much greater than the number of people on this board that have had issues.

Modsquad is a great site, but only represents a small percentage of the actual population of hockey players.

As for Hyper's customer service, Shayne has always replaced any defective wheels. We have a great relationship with both Hyper and Rink Rat. We took time off from Hyper when they had issues on their high end wheels. Now, they have gotten their stuff together and we believe they make a great High End Wheel. Do other things come in to play? Sure. For example, delivery is a key segment. Hyper and Rink Rat both deliver the large quantities of wheels we need with little to no issues.

As I said before, Hyper makes great wheels. Rink Rat is also a great wheel. Both are great suppliers!!!

the only problem ive ever had with my wicked was pain in my foot due to a mutation ( i'll call it that ) which was there before i ever got the skates and im sure mission cant be responsible for designing skates that fit retarded feet such as mine, so i deal with it and put a pad on my bump and voila, great skates.

in fact, i just played back to back games and my feet feel great. i blocked 2 shots off my ankle and not a problem.

Im very satisfied, and i think youre a bit misdirected with your views.Not everyone feels the same way as you.

As far as the wheels go, the rr's that came on my skates have also been to my liking. very grippy.

SO if mission feels like changing wheels, i'll trust them that it will be a good change because theyve never steered me wrong before.

For the price, the ones on hockeygiant are great. However, if Rink Rats and Hypers cost the same, Rink Rat ftw.

I was skeptical about the top of the line Hyper, but hey, everyone has a success story, including Mission itself with the Quattro and Wicked lines. Everyone flops sometimes, and Hyper just kind of flopped with last year's Trinity's.

If Justin honestly believes that Hyper will work this time, I'll trust him again. But just be aware, if this doesn't work out, I want a custom pair of Boss's in blue with Rink Rats. :rolleyes:

I'm back after a several months long hiatus from the boards here, and find this thread as par for the course around here, good to know that MSH will always stay essentially the same.

As far as Mission's company hype goes, why shouldn't they? If you don't believe in your own product, you aren't going to convince many people to buy it. Hyper has a loooong history rivaled only by Labeda for longevity in the wheel dept. I'm a Rink Rat guy myself, but lasting more than a decade in this sport as a manufacturer means you're doing something right. I'm willing to bet the list of 10 yrs plus in this industry is much much shorter than the under 10 yr mark, in fact I know it is.

Shayne Arsenault is one of those old RHI vets that helped make our sport what it is today, so you might want to cut the guy a little slack for a couple rough years and trying to get back in the saddle as a top contender for the wheel title.

Please don't take this as a flame Shute, just the glass being half full. All these guys are trying to make a living at providing players like us the best product.

please please please stop doing these to yourselves and just get rink rats. I don't know about this "nickyb13" person but i thought last years trinity SUCKED. this years trinity smells of factory all over it with the "flex groove" and it sticks!

How long has the trinity been out?

because i havent used anything but rinkrat in over 2 years

could have sworn they were triniy but they might have been the unity and if that is the case my mistake