Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stickler012

All Access: Randy Couture

Heavyweight title fight repeat against Silvia, then All Access at midnight. Who's going to watch?

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the title fight again.

EDIT: Will Gonzaga have anything for 'The Natural'on Saturday?

I think that Gonzaga will have plenty for Randy.....but I doubt that he will beat The Natural. Gonzaga has a solid chin, so I don't think that Randy can rely on punching....on the ground, obviously Couture has a definite advantage. Time will tell.

And yes....I will be watching ALL of the coverage on Spike tonight.

It'll be a tough fight. Gonzaga has a killer instinct that Couture sure didn't see in Tim. Dude always would do just enough to win a fight.

Thing with this fight is most people know Gonzaga right now for bustin' CroCop with the high kick. The reality is Gonzaga is amazing on the ground. He can get it done standing, and he's not going to get knocked out.

I think that Gonzaga will have plenty for Randy.....but I doubt that he will beat The Natural. Gonzaga has a solid chin, so I don't think that Randy can rely on punching....on the ground, obviously Couture has a definite advantage. Time will tell.

Yea, not even close man. Sure Randys a world class wrestler but Gonzagas is a black belt BJJ expert. One of the best in the UFC. Randys weakest point in his game is his sub's, he even has said so himself.

Yea, not even close man. Sure Randys a world class wrestler but Gonzagas is a black belt BJJ expert. One of the best in the UFC. Randys weakest point in his game is his sub's, he even has said so himself.

I'll agree with you 100% on that one with regards to the submissions....that is definately a weak point in Couture's game, and EASILY an amazing asset for Gonzaga. Any way you slice it....it is going to be one helluva fight.

Just watching Couture pick apart Sylvia was spectacular, but then again Sylvia is borderline terrible on the ground. For some fighters he is a challenge just due to his size on the ground, but he definately doesn't have a solid ground game.

I'll agree with you 100% on that one with regards to the submissions....that is definately a weak point in Couture's game, and EASILY an amazing asset for Gonzaga. Any way you slice it....it is going to be one helluva fight.

Just watching Couture pick apart Sylvia was spectacular, but then again Sylvia is borderline terrible on the ground. For some fighters he is a challenge just due to his size on the ground, but he definately doesn't have a solid ground game.

One of the things I was really impressed with were the punches that Randy was landing on Tim. Tim had almost a ONE FOOT reach advantage, and :20 seconds in, Randy landed a killer blow.

Even before the main events this is a good PPV so far. Huerta fight was great, Grove getting lumped up was fun.

GSP completely owned Kos, thank god.

Gonzaga/Couture was a good fight till Gonzaga's nose was completely squashed in a takedown. He held on for another round and a half but G&P got him.

I had the upmost confidence that The Natural was going to win tonight.....but the greatest was seeing Koscheck getting completely OWNED by GSP on the ground. I don't think that anyone saw GSP ruling the ground control game, but it was spectacular to watch!!! :P

I really thought Couture would get knocked out or submitted tonight. I think Couture fought the perfect fight though, he knew he was going to get knocked out if he didn't pin Gonzaga on the cage.

The nose ended it though.

I'm guessing Couture fights Nogueira next, and then if he can win that he'll fight the Kongo/Cro Cop winner.

Gonzaga gets another title shot after that round of fights though.

Thats too bad for Kos, I was a fan of his from the start. Was it a full fight, sub, or KO?

Full fight, but he showed he doesn't belong with the top WW any time soon. His best chance of drawing right now is a Sanchez rematch. Then the winner of that probably fights Serra after Hughes beats him.