Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fleury2929

New NBH Supreme SE-3

Hey

I just got the pads like 45 minutes ago and I was playing with them for like 45 minutes!! They are pretty awesome, they look good and feel good.

Pads

After some discussions in the NBH thread I was expecting these pads to be rather stiff. But they are a lot flexier than I was thinking. They are 35+1 and my knee is in the centre-lower part of the cradle, and I have a an ATK of 18. I am however having a little problem with under rotation, the pads under rotate a little bit. I will try to fix it later by playing with the strapping setup. The knee landing is super soft however, and it is a big landing!! So comfortable.

I like my pads to have an 'S' shape to help in closing the butterfly so I will be tying them up overnight and let them get an 'S' shape.

I am however very happy with the pads and I will get them on the ice on Thursday and will update everyone on how they do on the ice.

Front shot:

Picture302.jpg

Inside:

Picture303.jpg

Leg channel:

Picture304.jpg

Flexing:

Picture306.jpg

Outer Gusset:

Picture308.jpg

Butterfly shot:

Picture307.jpg

Boot:

Picture309.jpg

New and old comparison, the Mckenney's are 33+1:

Picture314.jpg

Gloves

These gloves are SE-2's.

The gloves are pretty nice when they are broken in. I have a pair of NBH set that are already broken in and they are one of the best set's I have ever owned. But it takes time to get them broken in and the glove is pretty stiff right now, and the blocker is tight on the hand as they put foam above the hand. If you ever order this blocker ask them to remove that foam/ thin it down.

Pics:

Open:

Picture310.jpg

Close:

Picture311.jpg

Sidewall:

Picture312.jpg

Face:

Picture313.jpg

P.S I am selling the Mckenney's and this glove and blocker set, I just put it up for reference.

Also if you have a picture request please ask.

I was able to see the new SE3 and SE2 in person and Bauer did a great job on those. I don't like the catcher, buit it's only a personal preference while in the past, it was just a bad catcher (the supreme first gen).

The pads are amazing and the feel of them is very good. I prefer the SE3 to the SE2 but I would wear the SE2 if I had the chance too.

The blocker seems to have been made from my specs! LOL The palm is very high on the board, leaving more coverage down low and avoiding the double coverage on the forearm. This also helps in puck handling by giving more mobility to the wrist. My new Eagle blocker was made like this too.

The blocker seems to have been made from my specs! LOL The palm is very high on the board, leaving more coverage down low and avoiding the double coverage on the forearm. This also helps in puck handling by giving more mobility to the wrist. My new Eagle blocker was made like this too.

My current Bauer blocker was made to these specs, it is high up and everything you said. I think it is just the same as the old blockers

And when you break the glove in it is one of the nicest feeling gloves ever, I have a perfectly broken in Ty Conklin pro Return that is so nicely broken in. I should send these new gloves to Ty, or his equipment manager to have them broken in for me!! Even though I am not keeping them.

I think I will be a Bauer goalie for life!! Hopefully the don't change the Supreme too much when Bauer gets sold!!

I think I will be a Bauer goalie for life!! Hopefully the don't change the Supreme too much when Bauer gets sold!!

supremes are discontinued officially along with Vapors

The name is not but the SE-2 and SE-3 along with Vapor XX, XX, an X are all gone. All that there will be for this coming year is the one95 series and whatever lowe level stuff they offer

The name is not but the SE-2 and SE-3 along with Vapor XX, XX, an X are all gone. All that there will be for this coming year is the one95 series and whatever lowe level stuff they offer

Nope. Just the Vapors are gone.

NBH lineup for '08 is: One95, One75, One55, Supreme Pro SE-3 and SE-2