Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HackeyNoob

Cracked chassis on HE10000

Hi folks,

So I've been skating on these for a little over a year now and during my game last thursday night the support on my right skate suddenly just went out. Luckily, the game was already over and I thought maybe some of the rivets had just become loose or something. Well turns out that chassis is completely cracked on one side! I'm a bigger skater (190lb) but I spent the extra money on these because I thought the chassis of all things would hold up. I did not take any hard shots to the skates but I do stop, pivot, and brake quite often. Anyhow, judging from the pics are these at any way salvageable (glue,something I dunno lol?) or is it a lost cause? I love these things to death and I really just don't trust anyone in my area to do something like a chassis swap. Thanks in advance :)

1014071552ey9.th.jpg

1014071551sh4.th.jpg

uh you might be able to try some JB Weld or something.... I wouldn't wait to test it out in a game situation I'd go for an easy skate.

You could always mount Sprungs yourself, I did.

If the chassis is broke, I wouldnt use it again. Have gotten too many injuries due to the risks I've taken with broken equipment.

You could mount another chassis on the boots if the boots are still in good condition. Having said that, I've got some for sale if you interested ;)

if you're interested in a set of labeda hummers, let me know. i have a set sitting on some old skates that are no longer used, and my new skates come with hummers :)

Hackeynoob,

Your chassis would fall in the REPLACE category. Please call or email the Mission warranty Dept and they will replace the chassis. 866-4MISSION. We have had very few of the Mag chassis break. They don't bend like aluminum, they just snap. Once they do that they are not skateable any longer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Sean

Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm going to try to see what Mission customer service can do for me and if worse comes to worse, look into getting another chassis mounted. The skates are a size 10 and the boot is still in really good condition. Just wasn't expecting a chassis break!

I will be gritting my teeth in an old pair of mission d3C's in the meantime :angry:

Hackeynoob,

please post an email address so we can contact you. We can discuss getting your skates mounted correctly to make sure you are good to go.

Sean