Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Star

Another lockout?

I can't even imagine how devestating this would be for the game.

The owners need to smarten up...if you can't run a professional hockey franchise profitably in Montreal for god sakes then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Plus the CDN dollar is up like 40% and this guy is STILL complaining?

Get real.

I can't even imagine how devestating this would be for the game.

The owners need to smarten up...if you can't run a professional hockey franchise profitably in Montreal for god sakes then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Plus the CDN dollar is up like 40% and this guy is STILL complaining?

Get real.

I think he's a "have" speaking for the "have-nots"

On the other hand, Gillett himself appears to have things relatively easy compared to the majority of his colleagues. According to Forbes.com, the Montreal Canadiens had revenue of $109 million (U.S.) last season. With a 2006-07 payroll of approximately $42 million (U.S.), the Canadiens were spending only 38.5 percent of their revenue on player payroll.

I honestly believe this is just posturing, but if it is not, you can pretty much bury the NHL. I was never one for contraction, however, I now believe it is the only way this league can thrive. Too many teams presently, with a diluted talent base, in markets that just don't care.

I really, really hope everyone involved is smarter than to have another lockout.

Chris

I think it could very well happen. Not anytime soon, but sometime within the next 10 years, sure. I don't think the players are in any rush to get into one though, they got their butts kicked this time around.