Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScottMan

Boss Skates - Impressions?

Maybe someone decided on a new lock-tite compound that was too efficient. So maybe try a heat gun on the opposite end before loosening the axles from the factory

I've actually found on previous Mission skates that the wrench included in box doesn't quite line up perfectly and can strip the heads if you try too hard. I've stuck pretty faithfully by the Sonic Skate Tool and I've always had success with not stripping heads with it.

the new mission skates are better than last years wicked skates. i know that is not saying much sine fisher price put out a better product last year. liner is much nice and much more comfortable. went with a very stiff skate once again. the skate is very aesthetic and feels better than last years. comes with good wheel and bearing but they are not popular due to their price point and there problems with their previous lines. overall not a bad line but mission is still sitting in the backseat to tour especially with the new cobalt q's coming out by tour. mission did a decent job but has to better

I got my Boss skates two days ago, and I'm simply impressed by them. The minimalist design to the boot makes it feel like far less material in it than last yrs Wicked's, but still firm and solid. The out of the box comfort is also significantly better, though not the squishy comfy you'd expect out of the RBK skates with the pumps. This is actually a good thing, since as much as the skates cost, I don't want something super comfy now that will break down quickly. For those concerned solely with weight, this is not your skate as it is a tad heavier than the previous Wicked 1 and other super-lightweight skates. This is not to say it's a lead weight either as it is plenty light.

Got some new Mission and 2 bolts were stripped as well. Sonic worked for me as well

I called Mission a few weeks ago and they said they were sending out some axles that day...I guess they forgot. Come to think of it though, wouldn't I be able to find these axles in any hardware store?

anyone have any methods to remove a stripped bolt? The allen key slot has besically become rounded, and the allen key just keeps rotating without moving the axle. Is there any way to remove the bolt? Something about drilling it out? how is it done without damaging the chassis?

To get your axle out you can take a dremel cutting tool with a small cutting wheel and cut a "line" across the head of the axle. This will make is so that you can use a flat head screw driver to get you axle out. Two things to be careful of...1) Don't make the line too deep so that it cracks the head of the axle. 2) Use two hands when cutting the line. The dremel can get away from you and nick the frame. I heard the sonic skate tool works better then the one mission sends with the skate. Good Luck

anyone have any methods to remove a stripped bolt? The allen key slot has besically become rounded, and the allen key just keeps rotating without moving the axle. Is there any way to remove the bolt? Something about drilling it out? how is it done without damaging the chassis?

how about you just return the skates on the count of defect and buy something else. :rolleyes:

All of these Mission threads have me convinced that I will never buy a pair of Mission skates. Between the Wicked break in issues and now the Syndicate axle problems, I don't know why you guys choose to deal with it. I'll stick to my CCM/RBK's anyday. I do like Mission pants, gloves and sticks though so I'm not just bashing Mission in general. Just their inline skates.

All of these Mission threads have me convinced that I will never buy a pair of Mission skates. Between the Wicked break in issues and now the Syndicate axle problems, I don't know why you guys choose to deal with it. I'll stick to my CCM/RBK's anyday. I do like Mission pants, gloves and sticks though so I'm not just bashing Mission in general. Just their inline skates.

The axles on the pairs of PF6's I had stripped the first day I had them. Not because someone at the factory put them in too tight, because they are made from a lower end aluminum, to save cost I'm sure. RBK makes a great boot, but put junk frames and lower end wheels and bearings beneath said boots. The magnesium Tri-Di off of the old PF10's is a solid chassis, and it only saw light for a year, again to likely save costs. I'll take a handful of bum axles over a junk frame anyday.

so I ran into a point of frustration last night trying to change up my bearings. Apparently Bones Reds don't seat into the Trinity's very well. I don't have anything against the Mission Titaniums, I've just always been partial to Bones brand. Not so much the Boss skates themselves, but a small frustration never-the-less.

so I ran into a point of frustration last night trying to change up my bearings. Apparently Bones Reds don't seat into the Trinity's very well. I don't have anything against the Mission Titaniums, I've just always been partial to Bones brand. Not so much the Boss skates themselves, but a small frustration never-the-less.

Ive had problems getting bones reds into a few types of wheels, i end up just pushing until they go in.

mine is the opposite problem as they popped right in and wouldn't fit in there snugly, so the spacers and bearings were sliding. Tried two different brands of sleeve spacers and nothing worked. Popped the Titaniums back in a everything was normal. The Reds just wouldn't stay seated in there, but do fine in RR Hornets from my Wicked 5's

just got off the phone with Mission Customer Service regarding my stripped axles on my new Soldiers. Female was nice enough, claimed to never hear about this problem. Tells me I need to send back the axles along with an RMA# and my original receipt. Sounds like way too much work for me. Was hoping a large company like Mission would have just offered to send out a few new axles. Oh well! Guess I will stick a small flat head screw driver into the axle that fits.

use the email form on their website. I dropped a note that a few axles were stripped and I'd like a new set sent to me. The reply came back "no problem, what's your shipping address?"

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I emailed customer service and immediately got a response from Dave Reskey. He advised me that he put the replacement axles in the mail today. I couldnt believe how fast his response was and that he immediately made sure the axles were sent out today. Amazing service Mission!!!!!!

e-mail daver@missionitech.com and he can send out replacement hardware.

hmmm...wish I would have done that instead of just calling them and speaking to a customer service person who probably didn't do a thing he said he was doing. Month went by, ended up just buying a new set from inlinewarehouse for 16 dollars.

Quick question- can the syndicate boots be "punched" if they are too narrow? My Lieutenants are wide enough everywhere except the outside of my little toe....it hurts while skating, then hurts 10x worse after taking the skates off for some reason.

Wow. If a skate has great quality in the boot and frame, I couldn't care less about some axle problems. Should it be a problem? Absolutely not. Do I care? No. Maybe that's because I'm capable enough to fix the problem in 30 minutes.

Seriously, if a small problem like stripped axles causes you to never buy a certain pair of skates, I would advise against you ever purchasing a power tool, any electronics, a car, or a house. Everything has a small problem here and there. That's just mass production for you.

Yes they can be punched. You can definitely get a 1cm or more by stretching them.

Are there any places you can send your skates to be stretched/punched? I don't really know how it works...I imagine it wouldn't work without my foot being there to get the right amount stretched.

I checked all my LHS and none of them have this service :(

A couple questions as I just got a pair of Boss'.

Has anyone baked theres at home? If so how long did you put them in the oven for and at what temperature?

- I 95% of the time support my lhs but most are asking 35-45 bucks for a baking even though I have spent hundreds in their stores which just seems too much for me

Did anyone receive their replacement axels? Like I said I just got mine but in trying to release the axels I stripped a couple but when I tried to send an email to the link provided it bounced back.

Thanks everyone!