Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trajik78

TPS shaft Q

Great shaft, it's a tank.

tank aye? good news. that's what i'll be needing since i play an outdoor roller league. it looks to be about an inch or so shorter than my Ballistik shaft so i'm planning on using it if/when i play forward.

I have one of their shafts, in a Whip flex. Comparatively speaking though, the new TPS Whip shafts are a lot stiffer than the CS2 Whip flex. Keep that in mind before you pick this one up.

I have one of their shafts, in a Whip flex. Comparatively speaking though, the new TPS Whip shafts are a lot stiffer than the CS2 Whip flex. Keep that in mind before you pick this one up.

i think its a regular senior flex. not sure exactly what that translates to, but as long as is about 85-90 then im happy.

i think its a regular senior flex. not sure exactly what that translates to, but as long as is about 85-90 then im happy.

That should be right in there then. The only thing is that the CS2 series is notorious for "breaking in" and softening up a bit. Nothing huge....but probably about 5 on the stiffness.

guess that might be good for a wrister :D

as long as it's a decent quality shaft that wont break on me i'll be happy. i still have nightmares of the POS Easton Octane shaft i bought before i knew any better. thing was flimsy and broke down at the blade hosel. you get what you pay for though.

The CS2 Redlite is still one of my favorite shafts to this day for wrist shots. Great pop on those shots. But much too flexible for my size for a good slap shot, but I rarely use them in game play...so I am fine with the trade off. The more recent CS11 XN10 Redlite I feel is a bit stiffer of a shaft for the rated flex, and thus I feel is a better all around stick.....but the pop isn't as pronounced when compared to the CS2 on wrist shots.

nice dings...looks to be a trooper. so if thats a senior length at 48" i'll be popping a 3" plug in the end, no biggie.

::EDIT::

got the shaft. i guess TPS regular flex is about a 100 flex? it feels good and very light, no grip layer which would have been nice. Only thing is that even with the 3" plug in the end it's kinda short. comes up to about my chin with the blade in w/o my skates on.

i wanted this one to be a bit shorter than my other stick so i can use it when i play forward, but im just worried it's TOO short.