Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djsnowman777

Bauer Vapor xxr lite skates(PICS POSTED!)

i agree...the one up chassis is by far the worst chassis ever imo

but the boot looks great...resembles the one90

uhh...not really. its a vapor skate

or you could buy the actual ice skate for much less and put the chassis of your choice on it. The shop I go to trades their labor for the ice blade and holder.

I've been skating on the XVI's with A8's for a couple of months and the boots are very very good, regardless of the low price. I'm sure the XXV's and XXX's are better, but I'm not sure my feet are smart enough to know the difference. These fit me out of the box and I never had a break-in period. I did replace the NBH roll-up insole with ShockDocs. They are Very light.

All brand consciousness aside, I am of the rare opinion that the boot should fit your foot before you start baking and punching and re-forming. If you're hooked on a brand that doesn't fit your feet, you're in trouble.

ALRIGHT GUYS I GOT THE SKATES TODAY 11/28/2007 FROM INLINEWAREHOUSE

FIRST OFF: THE FIRST APPERIANCE OUT OF THE BOX LOOKS AMAZING. ITS LIKE LOOKING AT THE VAPOR XXXX SKATE JUST WITH THE ONE-UP CHASSIS. OFCOURSE THEY ARE NOT.

THEY CAME WITH REGULAR CLOTH LACES AND HYPER TRINITY WHEELS. AS YOU GUYS PROBABLY KNOW THE TYPICAL ONE-UP WHEEL SET UP 72/72/80/78MM . THE 78MM IN THE BACK IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU A HIGHER TURN RADIUS. THEN AGAIN LABEDA HAS A PATENT ON THE HI/LO SET UP. I SWITCHED UP THE 78MM WITH ANOTHER 80MM AND HAD THE TRADITIONAL HI/LO SET UP WHICH I BEEN USING SINCE DAY 1 SO THE CHASSIS DIDNT BOTHER ME.

THE OVERALL QUALITY I THINK MAKES THE BAUER XXR SKATES THE BEST QUALITY AND MARKSMANSHIP EVER CREATED BY NIKE/BAUER. THE CONSTRUCTION IS SUPERB.

I GOT A 8.5R WHICH IS A REG. SIZE 10 SHOE. TYPICAL BAUER SKATE SIZING REG. ICE HOCKEY SKATE SIZING. I BOUGHT WAXED LAXES AND LACED THE SKATES UP.

THE FIT LIKE I HAD THE SKATES FOR YEARS LITERLLY PERFECT FITMENT. I FIGURED ILL WEAR THEM AT HOME FOR A FEW HOURS TO HELP THE BREAK IN TIME BUT WHEN I DID PUT THEM ON I DIDNT FEEL ANY PAIN. I MIGHT BE DUE TO THAT THE NORMAL BAUER ICE SKATES HAVE THE LEATHER LIKE INNER LINING AND THE THE XXR HAVE A SOFTER CLOTH LIKE LINING. OVERALL COMFORT I GIVE IT A 10 !!!!

I SWITCHED UP THE WHEELS AND TOOK THEM TO PLAY ROLLER PICK UP A RINK WE ALWAYS PLAY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. ONCE AGAIN I LACED THE SKATES UP AND ONCE MORE FIT LIKE A GLOVE. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 15 MINS TO GET USED TO THE STIFFNESS BUT THAT WAS NO PROBLEM FOR SOMEBODY WHO LIKES THEIR SKATES STIFF . THEN AGAIN VAPORS ARE ALWAYS STIFF.

TOTAL SKATING TIME 2HR 45 MINS. NOT ONCE DID I HAVE TO STOP AND TAKE A BREAK. NO ANKLE OR LACE BITE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE SKATE AND WE PLAY A FAST PASE GAME. I FELT LIKE MY OVERALL BURSTS OF SPEED HAD INCRESED THAT MIGHT ME THE SPEED DESIGN TOE CAP. SAME ONE ON VAPOR XXXX ICE SKATES. OVERALL STIFFNESS WAS JUST PERFECT . MY FOOT AND ANKLES FELT SNUG AND HAD ENOUGH ROOM TO MOVE WITH OUT SACRIFICING PERFORMANCE.

WHEN WE FINISHED PLAYING I SAID TO MY FRIENDS THAT THE SKATES ARE PERFECT !!!!!

FOR $200 I THINK THE BAUER XXR LITES ARE WORTH THE MONEY!!!! IF YOU ONLY SKATE ON BAUER SKATES ICE OR ROLLER I THINK THESE SKATES ARE THE ONES TO GET.

CHECK OUT THE PICS

I'm gonna ignore the obnoxious all caps and ask you about this:

ITS LIKE LOOKING AT THE VAPOR XXXX SKATE JUST WITH THE ONE-UP CHASSIS. OFCOURSE THEY ARE NOT.

What's that supposed to mean?

I play with snowman at the pickup rink and i'll second that the quality of the skate is pretty darn good. really surprised me that NBH has stepped up their game in the roller market once again.

labeda doesnt have a patent on the hi/lo set up fyi :)

for all of you players who skate outdoor rinks:

the one up chassis pretty much emulates what will eventually happen to your back wheel anyways as you wear your wheels. i dont know one person (besides little kids) who does not wear the back wheel more than the one just before it. after skating outdoor a bit, look at your wheels and all of a sudden, you made your own one up :)

---random blurbs

Maybe but I don't think so.

Most likely a SMU for the german market, tons of germans are skating in converted bauer skates. But I suspekt some of those are SMU's as well...

they look like vapor 40s ice skates when you open the box !!

that is because every vapor looks like the vapor XXXX. my screw-around vapor XII ice skates look like the vapor XXXX too.

well im looking into the Getting a pair of XXRs. With the one up would a 76mm wheel fit in the second slot. I like a 72-76-76-80 set up. Also how stiff are these skates. Are they stiffer than the Tour code blue, and what about the Accel and Accel light?

i know that. But i want the set up to be 72-76-76-80 like CCM skates because that is what I use and what im used to. Would the 76 fit in the 2nd wheel spot

to get the regular hilo ...you just switch the 76 wheel with an 80 mm wheel and you have a standard hi-lo ....you dont change any screws inside out ....im not to sure bout the ccm set on a oneup chassis

i know that. But i want the set up to be 72-76-76-80 like CCM skates because that is what I use and what im used to. Would the 76 fit in the 2nd wheel spot

Wouldn't that cause 1 wheel not to touch the surface?

the 72 dose not hit the ground when you roll it around like on a desk or something. But once your foot is in the skate all the wheels touch the surface