Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Shin guard help

I'm currently deciding what shin guards to get.... need some suggestions...looking to spend about 50-60... Want decent comfort.....with nice protection but i dont want them to be too bulky....

I cant remember how much they cost, but Bauer 6000 shin pads are nice. I think they're around that price range...maybe $65. Not too bulky either.

Mission M-1. They are the best I've seen out of any shin guard, and are in the mid-range for price. Can't get anything better for the price.

I have the Synergy shins---great pads---but you are looking for less money. Try picking up some of last year's Vapor 6, 8 or 10 model.

I just got a pair of Jofa 7500s for just under 100Cdn. They fit great and I have blocked some really hard shots without even feeling a thing. The guy at the store said that 97% of NHL wear Jofa shin guards. Anybody believe this?

Unless you plan on making it to the NHL, get what works for you. NHL players need that much protection because they are big, play big, hit big and absorb 100 mph slap shots. And they play everyday so durability is important. Jofa is not bad--there are other options.

i just got my SMU bauer SHIFT it like bauer supreme 7000(better then 6000 and less then 8000) for about 5$cnd more then supreme 6000

there awsome...i use them yesterday and there really nice!!:D

by the way i can't really tell the difference beetween 6000-Shift and 8000

Shift and 8000 fell the same thing

So...I think you should try supreme 6000!!there new 2004 is awsome i did bought supreme 600 pant too!

If you don't like bulky pads, go for the Jofas, the 6000s are a bit more bulky than the Jofas, you can find a nice Jofa pad for around 55-65$.