Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colt45

Broken XXX-lite

sorry if it has been posted, and just redirect me to the link if it has...

but i have a broken blade on my XXX-lite and i have a tapered blade i want to put in there. I figured it would be no problem, but decided to bring it to my LHS for them to do it since i was going there anyway..

they kept insisting that it was a true-OPS and therefore a tapered would not fit due to the foam, the only way would be to flip it and put in a standard or cut it down really short.

so i just was like yeah ok, i gotcha..and i took it home...

now...is there anyway around this, or do i have to throw out the OPS and buy a tapered shaft? I see that as a waste, and i really like the XXX-lite aside from the whole broken thing :D ...

Any help is appreciated, and i was wondering if i could just cut out the foam if it's causeing a problem.

Thanks,

Colt

When I cut my XXX-lite there was no foam on the inside. My problem was that because the taper on the shaft is so long I had to cut a huge amount off it meaning that it was going to be far too small for me.

I had a Vapor XXX that I cut and put a tapered blade in. I just started cutting a little low, towards the blade, and eventually kept chopping off enough so that the blade finally fit in the shaft. Because this shortened the stick a little I had to add about a 2" plug to the other end so that it was back to the correct height. It works fine though and I much prefer it to wasting the shaft by using it with a standard blade.

the xxx is a true one piece. as jbgordon said just cut a little at a time and you will find the spot. i had to do the same with the xxxx i have for sale.