Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trajik78

Tour TR9000 skate Q's

im looking at picking up a pair of Tour TR9000 and wanted to see what people had to say about them. I'm not looking for a top of the line skate as I play much more roller, but just need something that will be stiff enough to support 200lbs or me.

also, i've read that they fit about a size below your US shoe size and have also read that they fit about .5 larger...any definitive answer on that? also, are they a narrow fit like a Bauer D, or a bit wider like a CCM D?

p.s. are the G60's any good?

p.s.s - i fit into a Mission 13EE, CCM 11D/E, Bauer 11R/EE.

im looking at picking up a pair of Tour TR9000 and wanted to see what people had to say about them. I'm not looking for a top of the line skate as I play much more roller, but just need something that will be stiff enough to support 200lbs or me.

also, i've read that they fit about a size below your US shoe size and have also read that they fit about .5 larger...any definitive answer on that? also, are they a narrow fit like a Bauer D, or a bit wider like a CCM D?

p.s. are the G60's any good?

p.s.s - i fit into a Mission 13EE, CCM 11D/E, Bauer 11R/EE.

They are an older skate (as you know) and are fairly heavy by today's standards. As far as I remember they weren't that stiff even at the time. What kind of inlines do you use currently? I can tell you at 200lbs the G60s won't last you a week before they feel like cardboard, don't even bother with them.

Go with your CCM size for tour skates. They typically (especially during the time of the TR line) fit wide so a regular width will probably be ok.

they are about a mid level boot stiffness wise by todays standards. Good, comfy fit, fairly wide but definitely weighty compared to current models. They are old school leather and ballistic nylon, so they'll last for a while. If you're looking at the G series, look at G-80s or G-90s. They run stiffer than most early Tour boots.

If you're looking at the G series, look at G-80s or G-90s. They run stiffer than most early Tour boots.

The G-90s are very very stiff skates, I still use them for inline. The G-80s I had converted for ice (because I couldn't find another pair of g90s) didn't stay stiff very long in ice for some reason. I could literally squeeze the top eyelets together after about a month of skating on them. They're still very comfortable, but may not be for you if you need stiffness. The G90's however are still stiff as heck even after 4 years of skating on them... I think they're made of some type of alien material. ;)

I agree with GekigangarIII.

My cheapo G40 rollers were fairly wide. On ice, I wear a 7E in CCM/RBK but a regular 7 was fine in Tours.

I had the old TR 8000's. I agree with the person above. CCM size is about the same as Tour. I wear a size 14 running shoe in Adidas and wear size 13 in Tour and CCM. They were a heavier skate, especially compared to what is available today.