Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

CCM Vector 10.0

Stick: '07 CCM Vector 10.0 Ovechkin Curve Sr. Mid (75) Flex

I'm 5'10 - 5'11 ishh and weigh about 150lbs. It's a really good stick with a great flex I really cant find anywhere.

Blade: I had a V130 and was apparently in a minority because i hated that blade. I've had this stick for about 2 months now and the blade is still strong as ever. It is always really stiff, never had a problem with it (except for cosmetics), it's thin, but not too thin. It's taken a lot of shots and skate blades, and still like new. 9/10

Flex: I was always looking for a stick whippy enough for my liking and then I came across NBH's 77 Flex. That was okay and I thought I liked it, but then I had been flexing this stick in my LHS and always debating whether or not to buy it. It felt wayy too flexible in the store but my shot was lacking and my other stick was breaking, so I decided to get it. Great flex, never torques, and I love the C shape of the shaft. Doesn't lose ANY more flex even after 2 months of being on the ice 3-5 times a week. Still flexible but has that little bit of stiffness to give a nice kick to it. 10/10

Stickhandling: I'm not very good at it, so I can't really comment on that...lol

Receiving Passes: Since it's really whippy, I thought I'd have some trouble catching passes, but its almost the exact opposite of that. Some people have a problem cradling the puck when it's being passed to them, but the low flex on my stick practically did that for me. With a stiffer flex, it would never give and the puck would act like it hit the glass and just bounce off. It's great for that and the low flex really helps out. 9/10

Shooting: Ok...here's the BEST part of the stick. I've used an XN10 before, and I thought, just like most people that that was a great shooting stick. It was...until I got this baby. No pun intended but the stick truly does Catapult the puck off it. I don't know what it is (maybe the extended taper?) but this stick is the best shooting stick I've had so far, and I've tried a lot of sticks. I'd have to say that this is the main highlight of the stick, and being a high-scoring power-sniper-forward, this REALLY helped boost my shot speed, and even accuracy. 10/10

Weight and Balance: Great balance and one of the lighter sticks out there. i just got my S17 from the Toy Drive, so I've been using that lately and the 10.0 felt suprisingly heavy after that. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying this is a little heavier that the S17, but still lighter than most of the other sticks I've used. 8/10

Durability: This is where the stick gets its bad reputation from. I think they might've fixed it though, because I have a sticker on the back of it that says 2nd Generation, while some members on here were saying how they went through the originaly and warranty replacement really quickly. The only thing that might bother some people is the cosmetics. I play kind of rough with my stick (whacking it on the ice and others' sticks, etc.) and although you can still tell it's a 10.0, i'll admit about a month or 2 more and i will not be recognizable. Once again, that's all cosmetic, and it doesn't really bother me. 9/10

Overall: Being basically a RBK Advisor (I wish), I finally ditched my SicKick and XXX-lite, and went for this one. Great pickup, and I'l definately pick up the '08 eventually. Overall, this is a GREAT stick and I would recommend it to pretty much everyone. Let me reiterate that it is a Great Shooting stick and I like it to shoot 100x better than my S17, MacDaddy, XXX-lite, SicKick, and V130.

OVERALL GRADE: 9.5/10 -- Just because I know that no stick is perfect, but this IMO is close.

Feel free to PM me if you need some more info.

Vector 10.0 Ovechkin 75flex 08' model

Aesthetics: The look of the stick is fairly nice with cool color combinations and the fact that Ovechkin uses something that looks like it also helps. However, the look has very little importance to the stick. 9/10

Grip: The shape of the shaft is designed well and grips nicely in your hand. It does not provide the stick'um feel but also not the slipperiness of a standard flex. It was sort of an in between. I added tape to the shaft for extra grip, but it just didn't work as well as a normal grip stick imo. 7/10

Balance: This is the only part of the stick I believe that is worth reviewing. I think that CCM made a huge step backwards in terms of their OPS with the 10.0. If you look at the previous sticks, V130, 10.0 Catapult, these sticks were well balanced. The New 10.0's blade feels like it weighs 3000 pounds. I also think the middle of the shaft feel abnormally heavy too. 4/10

Blade: My last CCM stick was a V130 (grey one) and the blade was terrible. It started to chip after the first game and eventually split into 3 pieces. However because the blade was so non-durable, it was also soo light. The 10.0 is much more durable, but is very heavy. This is probably the main cause for the stick terrible balance. Basically durable blade, but bad weight causing it to be very blade heavy. 5/10

Shooting: I’ve used around 10 OPS that shot better than this one. This one probably brought down the velocity of my shot by about 5-10%. Shooting’s the only decent part of my game so this wasn’t good for me. 5/10

Stick handling: I don’t find the stick has a much impact on my stickhandling. The only thing is, that the lighter the stick is, the easier it is to stickhandle. I cant say anything bad about this part though. 7/10

Passing: The passing was fine and to me I find with a good curve, good grip, and good flex, you can pass with it. This one had decent in all of the above, so it was ok. 7/10

Curve/Flex: This section to me shouldn’t help define this stick. You can get almost any flex and any curve you want on the OPS on the market. So I cant start bragging about how good this stick is because of the curve or flex because you can just get it in any other stick. -/-

Conclusion: Coming from an Sl, XXXlite, One90 and Stealth CNT, The 10.0 feels like a lower end stick IMO and if someone told me it was a repainted Baur VI or something, I wouldn't be surprised. The most noteworthy thing about my critique, is that the balance imo was horrendous. It is probably the main reason why they invented the U+ with nothing in the heel and amazing balance. Overall: 5/10