Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

Greatest Inline Skate Ever

CCM RH970s were the greatest skates were the best I have ever used. Of course I have limited experience because I used them for so long. I skated on those for about 5 years. I wish they were still alive I would like to throw them on my sprungs.

tour code 1 :D

Ive never worn or tried on Tour skates and no LHS around me carries high end Tours...I wear a 7D in Mission skates how does the fit compair?..For a Tour would I need to go smaller, Ive heard they fit big?

yeah they would be about 1/2 to a full size smaller. what shoe size are you?

Nike size 8

Proto VSI with cyan axles.... fit like a glove out of the box. Never had any blisters with that skate.

I'll third that! Best skate I've ever had.

Add me to the list...

Nexed Stinger

whoah dog, those were some hot skates. i always wanted to buy a pair, but i never had enough dough at that point in my life. i'd still buy a pair if i could today; i'd probably drop a set of sprungs on them or something :P

There's someone on ebay currently selling some stingers. They have the 8 deg chassis though. I would have bought a pair if not for the one I got from Justin.

I had these Bauer's in 95...They were a ice hckey boot modelled after the old 4000 with a plastic TUUK chassis, they were unreal. One of the first actual ice hockey modelled inline skate out there. I remember my old man paying a shitton of money for them. Beauties...absolute beauties

Favorite skate ever: Tour Blue-Max. I love how they feel, they're just so comfortable.

Favorite chassis: I actually like the Tour Hum'er as well. Second to that is the Vanguard. Both are completely different chassis, I know, but I just seem to like them both.

tour code 1 :D

Ive never worn or tried on Tour skates and no LHS around me carries high end Tours...I wear a 7D in Mission skates how does the fit compair?..For a Tour would I need to go smaller, Ive heard they fit big?

yeah they would be about 1/2 to a full size smaller. what shoe size are you?

Nike size 8

I would say 6.5, but they don't make a 6.5 so it would either be 6 or 7. Just for reference i wear a size 11.5 size shoe and wear a size 10 tour. I probably could go down another half size, but i deafinetly couldn't go up a half size. Hope that helps.

Nexed Stinger

whoah dog, those were some hot skates. i always wanted to buy a pair, but i never had enough dough at that point in my life. i'd still buy a pair if i could today; i'd probably drop a set of sprungs on them or something :P

ahahah my older bro rocks a pair of the stingers. no ones i know has a clue theyre good skayes

Proto VSI with cyan axles.... fit like a glove out of the box. Never had any blisters with that skate.

Add me to the list...

Add me as well :P

Add me to the list...

Add me as well :P

I still have the chassis from that skate. I've found that the axles from the sprungs can be used on that chassis. The chassis is a real tank.

i think we have to look at this is general time frames

early 90's - it wasn't a skate but the SG H-200 and then H-400 frame

mid 90's CCM 755 w SG 400 frame

later 90's - Mission Proto Vsi - and introduction of hi-lo chassis

00's - updated ice boots w/varying frame technology (Hum'mr, Sprung, Vanguard,etc)

Being that things were supposedly always better in the old days its a toss-up between the 755 and Vsi, they were each the defacto skate to have if you were serious about the game

I just got done making a frankenstein pair of VSi's. I took the generator chassis off my older VSi's and put them on the VSi boots that had the vibes on them. I don't remember the older pair too well. After i was done with them (many years ago) my dad finished the destruction process on them. I do remember being able to skate barefoot in the newer pair though. So while my sprungs are getting mounted on my he9500's, i'll be skating on my VSi's.

Does anyone have a picture of the ones with cyan axles?

I still have my 755's with the polished H-400 chassis. Man those were the real deal back in the day. Hockey World had some for a while for like $90 on closeout but not in my size.

Rick Henry

i think we have to look at this is general time frames

early 90's - it wasn't a skate but the SG H-200 and then H-400 frame

mid 90's CCM 755 w SG 400 frame

later 90's - Mission Proto Vsi - and introduction of hi-lo chassis

00's - updated ice boots w/varying frame technology (Hum'mr, Sprung, Vanguard,etc)

Being that things were supposedly always better in the old days its a toss-up between the 755 and Vsi, they were each the defacto skate to have if you were serious about the game

the H305 and H405 were THE de-facto standard. I was a rebel and went with the Final Factor. Riedell had a serious boot in the TP Air boot it had. CCM 755 was nowhere as big as the Supreme Comp with 405/Factor in my area. The budget build was PIAS Black Tacks with 305.

I'm going browsing in a week or two through Denver shops for Nexed Stingers. I want a pair for nostalgia (4yrs removed - sheesh that's not much nostalgia) as well as a pair that if all else fails I know I'll have a solid back-up. I really wish Nexed would've made it as a company, there's a couple of prototypes in my area they were looking at for production before Joe called the whole thing off and went to the short stint in paintball.

I know pretty much none of you are going to agree with me and also may say "WTF is this kid saying?" but in my own experience and personal opinion I have to say the Wicked 1s.

I have never had a skate (including all my days of playing ice) fit and perform the way these skates do. Light, stiff, and the most responsive I have ever skated.

Most haven't had a good run with the Wicked line, I personally love them and actually about ready to stock up another pair or two for the future. I commend Mission on these skates (one of the very few) but ah me and my feet both just love the way these things fit and perform.

My brother and a buddy went with the Bauer Pro Comp's. My brother stayed with the tubular Bauer chassis but our buddy went with a red SG H-400. Those skates were cool. I got Bauer H-9's with a Labeda hi/lo and never could skate in them so I went right back to my 755's. Still have the H-9's and they still hurt my feet.

Rick Henry

I know pretty much none of you are going to agree with me and also may say "WTF is this kid saying?" but in my own experience and personal opinion I have to say the Wicked 1s.

I have never had a skate (including all my days of playing ice) fit and perform the way these skates do. Light, stiff, and the most responsive I have ever skated.

Most haven't had a good run with the Wicked line, I personally love them and actually about ready to stock up another pair or two for the future. I commend Mission on these skates (one of the very few) but ah me and my feet both just love the way these things fit and perform.

You're not alone. I absolutely love mine!

Wicked Light Carbon Chassis

Proto VSI Team Carbon close second

Carbon chassis' were straight up garbage, as were the vibes.

no, the helium 950's were straight up garbage. the original wicked lights may have had some issues, but it wasn't enought to call them "straight up garbage." i will agree on the vibe chassis comment though, they were pretty much useless.

no, the helium 950's were straight up garbage. the original wicked lights may have had some issues, but it wasn't enought to call them "straight up garbage." i will agree on the vibe chassis comment though, they were pretty much useless.

I said nothing about the boots. The carbon chassis on them were horrendous. Almost everyone i knew cracked them.

Ask anyone the MG chassis on 950's > Carbon on WL/VSI

So i skated in my VSi's for the first time in years. After replacing the vibe chassis with the generator chassis i now remember why i loved these skates so much. Now i definitely have to get to my local shoe repair guy and have the eyelets replaced. The boots still have a bit of life left in them and they are an awesome backup skate. Definitely one of my favorite skates so far. I will say i really do like my 9500 boots though. If i had the option of getting them in EE i think i really would love them.

I said nothing about the boots. The carbon chassis on them were horrendous. Almost everyone i knew cracked them.

Ask anyone the MG chassis on 950's > Carbon on WL/VSI

Hmm... strange. I have never seen a carbon chassis on the WL crack. I've skated on a pair for over 7 years in fact.