Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

RBK 7k Sickick

Product: RBK 7k Sickick/ Modano curve/ regular flex-75 flex cut around 2 inches= around 80 flex

Time: Have had it since November and is still going strong playing 2-3 times a week single A hockey.

Background: 15 year old who plays winger and plays on an single A team in northern Toronto and, I'm 6'2" and weigh at 150lb. My previous stick was a synergy 300 and I loved it because it was really whippy but, then i snapped it during practice and, I then decided to pitch in more $ for a higher end stick. This was on for sale when the 9kO stick came out. It was retailed at 150$ at National sports. Enough said lets move on!

I have to say this is my first review and, hope you people enjoy it.

Blade: Lets start off with the blade, I am coming from wood blades and a softer composite blade so I had to get use to it. The blade was very stiff at the begining which I really liked and all the passes I made were all nice, crisp, and very accurate. The curve was a Modano curve and it took some time to get use to coming from a Yzerman curve.

9/10

Flex: The flex was pretty decent but, due to rbk sticks being so long I had to cut it down by a couple inches which obviously made it stiffer but, was not a problem. Wrist shots was what I was good at and it did affect it. It was alright but, will have to build more guns soon so i can make cannons with my wrist shots :). Slap shots and snappers were really nice and, there was hardly any torquing compared to my synergy. Overall fairly happy with it.

8.5/10

Weight and balance: This part kind of dissapointed me because the blade felt heavy while the shaft was light. The weight I was not too concerned about but, I have gotten use to it and once I'm on the ice it feels light as a feather but, just a tad unbalanced.

7/10

Durability: I have to say the 7k sickick is one durable tank! It has taken many slashes, steped on, banged against stuff and it hold up very well. Paint chips normally like a composite stick would but, their was only a couple of paint chipping off around the taper part for my stick. I do not know if people say if it is truly durable but, probably the batch i got was made very nicely done.

9/10

Shooting/Passing: This stick was a stick that was gifted in this category lol. My shot got a lot quicker and more accurate. Since i was using the Modano once I picked up the technique I was ripping shots and passes. When I pass, I usually do a saucer from heel to toe pass and the stick has held its pop even till after a couple months of usage. Shooting as I said before was very accurate but, can also be affected by the curve your using. I have to say in the end this stick is comparable to an SL which I have used one my friends at practise.

10/10

Conclusion: Well this comes to the end of my review and, I had fun writing this for the very first time :D ! This stick is right in between the Easton St and, an Easton SL imo. If you decide on buying this stick give it a shot before chirping about it. The theme/paint scheme was very nicely done, it was not like the plain blue and white but, was red, black, and white which looked really great and stood out. I will update this as much as possible!

I hope this stick last me a little bit longer because "every penny counts" ;) on the things you spend on.

Used hehatemefrisbee's 7k as a template guide.

Product: RBK 7k Sickick

Curve: Jagr Pro Stock LH - Mid-Heel with Very Open Toe

Flex: Stiff Flex 45KP

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 180lbs

Type: Ice Hockey

Blade: Super stiff blade with OK feel. The puck just rockets off the blade during the first few sessions. Shots were accurate and hard but the blade doesn't compare to the feel from an XXX-lite.

8.5/10

Flex: I normally use 87 Flex Nike Bauer and 85 Flex Easton sticks so going to the stiff flex in the RBK was a change. It felt a little stiff at the beginning but the stick had a really good kick especially during snap shots and slap shots due to the low kick point in the shaft. It definitely felt excellent after I got adjusted to it.

9/10

Weight and balance: Feels lighter than it is which is great. People were surprised by how light it felt. On the ice it was balanced. It didn't feel too blade light or heavy - it was just right.

9/10

Durability: I purchased 2 pro-stock Jagr's and broke the 1st stick within the first 5 uses. It was absolutely shooting rockets but ended up breaking on a one-timer from the slot. The blade snapped in half right in the middle. I wasn't too pleased about that but the 2nd stick is still going strong. However it has lost its' feel for some reason and I have switched sticks because of that. The blade is still fairly stiff but the stick doesn't seem to generate the kick and power it used too. The 2nd stick has taken a ton of abuse - it has chips and nicks all over it but it is still in one piece.

7.5/10

Shooting/Passing: This stick definitely shines in this category. Shots were immediately harder and very accurate. The puck just rockets off the blade. As I said before my 1st stick broke within a few sessions and the 2nd stick seemed to lose its power/feel after about 15-20 sessions on the ice. It just seems dead and doesn't have the pop or the power it had when it was brand new. I enjoyed it while it lasted though.

9/10

Conclusion: I've used Dolomites, XXX-lites, SEs, SLs, to name a few OPS's and this stick definitely keeps up with the pack. I enjoyed the brilliant shots that this stick produced but it only lasted a short while. I would recommend this stick to people who don't have a big budget for sticks as you can find 7K's for fairly cheap now that the 9K's have been released.

43/50