Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

DISCLAIMER: This will probably get locked

...Government is invasive enough without dictating what color my belongings should be.

Granted. But most of your belongs can't KILL someone.

Right. No one has ever been killed by a car,kitchen knives, baseball bats etc etc...

Glock makes non-functioning models of their pistols with bright blue and red frames for training purposes. If LEOs are the main customers I can't imagine what could happen if a training pistol got mixed up with a live one... but we can only hope that LEOs are smarter than that.

Glock makes non-functioning models of their pistols with bright blue and red frames for training purposes. If LEOs are the main customers I can't imagine what could happen if a training pistol got mixed up with a live one... but we can only hope that LEOs are smarter than that.

Unfortunately, simply hoping that others are smart/competent enough to protect us won't always work B)

Case in point:

(Old video, I know)

...Government is invasive enough without dictating what color my belongings should be.

Right. No one has ever been killed by a car,kitchen knives, baseball bats etc etc...

I think what he meant was most of your belongings are'nt made with the intent to kill/injure.

I think what he meant was most of your belongings are'nt made with the intent to kill/injure.

But wouldn't you agree that deaths caused by those items FAR outpace firearms deaths, specificaly deaths caused by repainted firearms? My point was the origional scare piece done by the news is just trying to get attention- it's a non issue in the real world.

That, and...if your traditionally black car were to be painted, say, orange...you wouldn't suddenly start questioning if it was a "real" car or not.

By Sherri Drake

Originally published 08:46 p.m., February 19, 2008

Updated 08:46 p.m., February 19, 2008

A Brighton man shot and killed a 44-year-old registered sex offender who attacked two women in their home early this morning, officials said.

According to Dist. Atty. Gen. Mike Dunavant, David Fleming charged into the home of two women at about 3 a.m.

Fleming bound the women but one escaped and ran to a nearby home. Dunavant said Fleming, who lived in Munford, intended to rape the women.

The woman who escaped went to the nearby home of Keith Ingram for help, Dunavant said.

Ingram, carrying a .40-caliber handgun, ran to the house and found Fleming attacking the other woman, officials said.

When Fleming tried to attack Ingram, Dunavant said Ingram shot Fleming once.

Tipton County Sheriff's deputies and Brighton Police officers found Fleming dead on the front porch of the home.

Fleming had been convicted of attempted rape in Tipton County. He's listed on the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations sex-offender registry.

Dunavant said Ingram has no criminal record and has a permit to carry the handgun.

The women who were attacked were treated at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Tipton.

This is why the right to have guns exists. 1 or possibly 2 women would be raped and possibly murdered had an outstanding citizen not come to their aid and used his legally owned handgun in defense of the weak.

Police would have taken 5+ minutes to respond, the guy might have gotten free, drain on the economy for jail or manhunt time, possible future offenses.

Between 1987-92, ~83,000 crime victims each year used a firearm to defend themselves or their property. 1/5 of those victims suffered an injury, compared to nearly 1/2 of those who suffered an injury while defending themselves with some weapon other than a gun, or who had no weapon.

(source: Bureau of Justice Statistics 1994 Report)