Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

In Bruges

Gonna make it hard to top as movie of the year for me, with only Dark Knight looking to be a contender. Great movie; brilliant dialogue and I'll see it again and still miss some of the lines.

Well I don't want to give anything away on it, but the premise is Ray (Colin Farrell) and Ken (Brendan Gleeson) are two hitmen told to hide out in Bruges for a couple weeks after a botched hit. That's the premise, but it may give away if I go on about what happens there.

It has very sharp exchanges there and some of the most random and funniest lines I've heard in some time. I don't think I've liked the guy in any movie since Tigerland but Colin Farrell's brilliant in this. Ralph Fiennes and Gleeson are as well.

Well work can coincide with me killing time doing MSH but no, I don't really sleep. 2-3 hours a night and I'm solid. I also caught a puck to the eye this weekend so that's freed me from work as I'm playing a little hookey.

Well work can coincide with me killing time doing MSH but no, I don't really sleep. 2-3 hours a night and I'm solid. I also caught a puck to the eye this weekend so that's freed me from work as I'm playing a little hookey.

Ahh did that incident influence to throw on the Oakley small straight?

Well I had gone back with it but like a dumbass, didn't like it and took it off. A deflected shot and pissed off wife later it's back on. Probably going to go bigger.

I just saw this last night ,truly brilliant.Being from Dublin myself I enjoyed the interaction and characters all the more.Mack is right ,the Dialogue and writing are both brilliant.I have'nt seen Farrell do anything this good since 'intermission'.Highly recommended folks,really good. :)

I loved Intermission as well, forgot about him in that but he was solid but overshadowed by Murphy in that. I think maybe we're just biased.

Yeah ,you're right.That scene at the start where Farrell's character robs the young one in the shop is fairly mad though.I spent the day raving about 'In Bruges' at work,not too many people seem to have heard of it though,oddly enough. :huh:

i saw intermission as well, loved it.

saw this movie when it first came out. hilarious dark humor. sometimes id think back and laugh again out of nowhere b/c lil everyday things remind me of some scenes