Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefelixculpa

New Tour Skates issue...is there anything I can do?

I e-mailed this thread to Tour. Hopefully someone who can help you will read it.

I was advised in a thread to contact "tour17," I did and he was very responsive and helpful.

Brad Brusatti called me back about an hour ago, he is going to hook me up with the Labeda chassis that is silver and gold...I forget what its called. Because the cobalt 9.9s are so new, they do not yet have stock of the chassis that comes on it.

Can I assume that this will basically be the same chassis with just a different paint job?

for the most part I believe.

If Tour17 is Walt, then I've heard nothing but good things about the guy and hope he's read this thread. Tour is one of only two companies that is all about the roller game. I can't believe they'd want to leave anyone high and dry on their products and think they might need to revise their warranty policy if it is a no warranty item.

The only way they would be able to offer a warranty for chassis' would be if labeda would agree to it. Nearly 50% of the skates value is in the chassis. A hum'er is worth what, 150 dollars? They would have to buy those replacement chassis' off of labeda since the labeda doesn't cover it.

That being said, I really don't get why labeda doesn't cover a dented chassis. They say it's due to the nature of the game. But when you buy a new car, nails and pot holes in the road are part of the nature of driving, but the tire company will still replace your tire.

Nothing but good things to say about how tour handled this, though.

That being said, I really don't get why labeda doesn't cover a dented chassis. They say it's due to the nature of the game. But when you buy a new car, nails and pot holes in the road are part of the nature of driving, but the tire company will still replace your tire.

Nothing but good things to say about how tour handled this, though.

Go buy new wheels and tires, or a whole car, hit a pothole or curb and come back and tell me how many manufacturers will warranty that. I can assure that is not the case, at least from my observations, and I've been in the automotive community for a while. Once in a great while you'll get lucky and they might do something for you, but the reality is, if it is something that is caused by USE then it's normally not a warranty item. In fact, my friend's cousin just bought a CLS63 AMG not too long ago, got some new wheels (spent near $10k for the wheels alone), went out and hit a pothole he didn't see, damaged the sidewall of the tire and bent the lip on the wheel. The manufacturers basically just told him to exercise more caution while on the road and to have a nice day...

Im not saying the hockey business and auto industry are the same, but I would just apply the same type of logic to most situations. Im glad, however, that Tour is taking care of this for you and I would concur that there is lots of good to be said about them.

Did he go to the tire's manufacturer or did he contact the company who made the car itself? I've always been under the impression that companys like michelin, good year have a certain number of months they will cover you for anything.

If I look at a pair of new Tours like a car...i think of the boot as the car, and chassis/wheels as the tires. Pretty much all the wheel companys will cover their wheels for 30 days..atleast rink rat and revision do. They are just as capable of being damaged through normal use as a chassis. I can understand why tour might not want to cover chassis damage, just like Toyota wouldn't want to pay for a good year tire exploding. But Labeda should feel a little obligation to back their product a bit. What harm could a 30 day warranty do to them if their chassis will hold up when used for what its made to be used for?

He bought exspensive HOCKEY skates to play hockey. He played 1 game of hockey and the skates are busted. He didnt buy hockey skates and try and motocross down a steep hill with rocks. The skates were used as they were intended to be used. A 30 day warranty isnt to much to ask for on a $300. dollar pair of skates

Did he go to the tire's manufacturer or did he contact the company who made the car itself? I've always been under the impression that companys like michelin, good year have a certain number of months they will cover you for anything.

If I look at a pair of new Tours like a car...i think of the boot as the car, and chassis/wheels as the tires. Pretty much all the wheel companys will cover their wheels for 30 days..atleast rink rat and revision do. They are just as capable of being damaged through normal use as a chassis. I can understand why tour might not want to cover chassis damage, just like Toyota wouldn't want to pay for a good year tire exploding. But Labeda should feel a little obligation to back their product a bit. What harm could a 30 day warranty do to them if their chassis will hold up when used for what its made to be used for?

They were aftermarket wheels and tires. He contacted HRE (the wheel company) and got nothing for the wheel; Michelin the same for the tire, he purchased a warranty on the tires so he got a replacement through the retailer (America's Tire Co.), not Michelin directly. However, no warranty was available for his $2,300 wheel; he paired for the wheel repair out of pocket,

My friends '07 BMW 335i messed up a Bridgestone Potenza RE050 RFT (run flat tire; POS overpriced/rated tire anyway), and Bridgestone themselves said there is no warranty on damage caused by use UNLESS they can deem is a manufacturer defect, which it was not - this happened when the car only had like 650 miles on it and no more than a month old. His $57k car with warranty would not even pick up a $350 tire... He complained enough to the BMW dealer he purchased at and eventually they gave him a new tire.

Clearly you realize why Tour might not be so willing to warranty a product they do not produce, but rather outsource to Labeda. That is the same reasoning my friends got with they wheels/tires, BMW or MBZ dont make the tire, they are an outsourced product so they should not have to warranty someone else's work. Could you imagine if those companies have to PAY to replace a tire, which they dont make, every time someone damaged one? Same goes to Tour with Labeda chassis. If you have engine failure, BMW, MZ, or whoever will cover that (in most cases) and Im sure if you ripper an eyelet out of the boot Tour would do likewise. In this instance, the real issue here, and with the example of the cars, is that, as you say, Labeda should step up to the plate and warranty the chassis if anything.

He bought exspensive HOCKEY skates to play hockey. He played 1 game of hockey and the skates are busted. He didnt buy hockey skates and try and motocross down a steep hill with rocks. The skates were used as they were intended to be used. A 30 day warranty isnt to much to ask for on a $300. dollar pair of skates

Im not saying it's his fault or anything. I also understand he played one game on them. All I am saying is that I could understand why, if Tour chose, it would not be covered under THEIR warranty. However, Tour has stepped up and is willing to fix the problem from him which is great. But I dont think that should be the expectation, as said, Labeda should be doing something. I think that the OP would also agree with this, Im not sure what the impression is that you get of this dialog, but this is not an argument in any way, just a general discussion.

Who's arguing ;) Im just trying to help the guy out

Ok, I just had the impression that maybe you thought we were arguing about it or something, which is not the case from my perspective.

Don't know who you talked to, but the information you got was wrong. You can can send your skates back to my attention, please send both skates back, will take care of this for you. Be sure to include your return address.

TOUR HOCKEY

W. Frazier

311 West Edwards

Litchfield, Illinois

I want to make one thing clear. Doesn't matter if we out source a component for a skate, frame, bearings or what ever. We are oblicated to stand behind the product, no matter if it is our highest price skate or lowest price. Concerning frames, becuase of the nature of the sport a frame can bend, if hit just right. I am hoping our representative was simply explaning this. Considering the skates are new, we will replace the frame, no question.

awesome to see this board getting put to good use. without it we would have one guy with a worthless pair of new skates and a good company losing a customer.

I'm glad to see Walt step up here, like I said before I can't believe Tour would lay it to a customer like that.

In the void of Justin leaving Mission and having been so very active on these boards for us roller guys, it's been nice to see Walt and Chad step up and be more active. While I don't support Tour product much, I think it's important that they stay integral to us players across the board who are roller hockey's past, present and future. Kudos Walt

I want to make one thing clear. Doesn't matter if we out source a component for a skate, frame, bearings or what ever. We are oblicated to stand behind the product, no matter if it is our highest price skate or lowest price. Concerning frames, becuase of the nature of the sport a frame can bend, if hit just right. I am hoping our representative was simply explaning this. Considering the skates are new, we will replace the frame, no question.

Top rate company who will keep customers and probably gain more.

I have to say that after reading this thread I feel great about the Code Carbon's that I just bought. Anytime you read something like what tour17 posted it has to make you feel great about the product they put out. I have never been much of a tour guy, but this kind of service definitely makes me think I'm heading in the Tour direction from now on. What other good products does Tour make that I should invest in. How are the sticks? I like to support my Roller Hockey Community.

I have the Tour code carbon's and I really like the boot, but the tongue on the bood is pretty thin and I'm having an issue with the tongue sliding over to the right on my skate. The issue is that its rubbing on my leg and after 2 hours of skating it rubbed the skin off and I have what looks like a cigar burn on the top of my ankle.

Has anyone ever tried to get a tongue from the internet(bauer or others) and have it sewn on a tour skate? I like the feel of the felt tongue so much better and I think it will solve the rubbing issue as well.

I've noticed the same thing with the tongues in my skate. They are shifting to the side, which is causing a nice little "burn" at the top of my ankle. It usually doesn't bother me though except in our marathon pick up sessions on Saturday mornings. I haven't done anything to try and hold the tongue in place. I was going to see if maybe I could tape it or even have it stitched differently. Right now my priority is to get some new Revision wheels. These Fuzions were great for the first couple of skates, but have gone downhill fast. I should state that skating on X-Soft wheels and being 208lbs. probably would to that to any wheel, not just the Fuzions. Overall, I still love the skate. The boot has retained it's stiffness and feels nice and broken in. I'm still looking at picking up another pair if/when these go on sale for backups.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I really need to find a cure for this tongue situation. I have a rather large burn on my right leg and it's just a pain when I want to skate for some long pick up.