Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

5.2 DR Bulletproof Goal pants

I'm soon going to need new Goalie pants as my Bauer pants are starting to be quite beat up and since I do not want to pay 250$ and upwards, I was wondering if these DR pants would be a good purchase. I can get a pair for 100$. I play in a beer league where slap shots are someone prohibited. They're allowed only if there's nobody in the shooting lane which is quite rare. The thing is that I'm looking for navy blue or red in xxl and not all companies make them. I could get Easton 700's for 250$ but when you add taxes and shipping it gets to be quite pricy. Any other brand I should look into?

thanks

The DR's probably aren't worth it. Word is their durability is crap, and their protection highly suspect. Those Eastons, on the other hand, are worth their weight in gold - like a lighter one-piece CCM 620 pro-stock in terms of protection and mobility.

I've also seen a few pairs of Bauer pants go cheaply on eBay recently. Were you using Reactors or Supremes, out of curiosity? The only real difference is that the Vapors don't have an inner belt...

I am using the Bauer Supreme. Can't remember what supreme though and I'm too lazy to go downstairs and check. Thanks for the input. I'll keep looking around some more than as my pants are still holding up but they will need to be replaced in the next little while for sure.

thanks again

I sold a bunch of the DR pants and had no problems with them. We mostly stocked the 6.2 though.

IIRC, most of the durability issues with the 5.2 were fixed with the 6.2; I believe they were an incremental upgrade, rather than a contemporary superior.

That said, the Eastons are unbelievable pants. The entire OHL is wearing them, and most of the guys coming up are wearing them under shells into the pro ranks. First guy to do so was Fleury.

hamster, keep your eyes open for Bauer pants - there seem to be a lot of them floating around. The two major durability issues were the seems on the outside of the thigh at the bottom of the pant, and the lower interior seams. If those are OK, you've got a good pair.

For reference, I got a brand new pair of navy Reactor 6 pants for about $25 from a PIAS. Merry Christmas to me...