Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sven

"Newschool" Visor on a CCM HT2 helmet?

I have an older late 90s HT2 helmet that I mounted a 1-xcel visor to (pretty much the same as an Oakley Pro mod.) The helmet was indeed a little narrower that the visor and very tricky to mount.

I have a newer ('03) HT2 with an Oakley Pro mod visor on it - it was much easier to mount. I mount it so it stands off the helmet as far as possible and I've never had an issue with fogging.

i wonder what made malkin switch?

he used the RBK w/a oakley pro cut (non vented) for a while last season.. then went back to the NBH 4500 with the itech vented aviator (but also used a oakley pro cut non vented with the 4500 too).

PD2_0033.JPG

T1_0415_malkin.jpg

and wore rbk with oakley when he was still playing in russia.

malkin-goal.jpg

i wonder what made malkin switch?

he used the RBK w/a oakley pro cut (non vented) for a while last season.. then went back to the NBH 4500 with the itech vented aviator (but also used a oakley pro cut non vented with the 4500 too).

and wore rbk with oakley when he was still playing in russia.

Probably because of the endorsement deal with Nike Bauer, no?

that's what i was thinking too.

but i figured if he was used to the RBK 9k.. he'd want something like the 8500 or the 9500.. not the 4500. only thing i don't like about him is the visor. lol its sooo gaudy.

that's what i was thinking too.

but i figured if he was used to the RBK 9k.. he'd want something like the 8500 or the 9500.. not the 4500. only thing i don't like about him is the visor. lol its sooo gaudy.

He wore the 8K... and yes that is quite a switch from the wider fitting EPP-padded RBK to the narrow fitting traditional foam 4500, great observation.

i actually have an answer to your malkin helmet switch!

from what bill (from bauer) said he couldnt fit any bauer helmet when they signed him because his head was such a weird shape, he said it was very dome like in the top and they custom fit that bauer 4500 to what he wanted. (showed pics of malkin getting his head molded) as far as the visor goes i think it looks hideous but maybe he like peter sykoras and wore that!