Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lufria

10K fine for twirling octopus

Yeah, so? Let's ruin the NHL some more. Personally the OHL is more fun to watch in person than the NHL now... and if they keep targeting traditions and the nature of the game, the whole "Promote hockey" is going to be pointless.... Bettman is being very contradictory with his words to his actions...

On a Detroit talk show they were talking abuot having personalities to come out to take care of the octopus. They said if they did that then somehow the fine wouldn't come into effect.

so what if a bit of 'matter' flies off. Its not like whole tentacles fall off, and no ones making a snow cone outta that ice anyway.

Again, it was in the article, but the Ducks complained about it. My guess is the players said they caught their skates in it.

It obviously could just be a case of sour grapes, since we haven't heard Red Wing players complain over the years, but if the complaint is legitimate -- that there are large enough pieces of octopi on the ice for someone to catch an edge -- what is the NHL going to do? Tell the opposing teams they have to deal with it? Obviously, the Ducks' argument must have been persuasive.

There was a study done, and nothing came off, and when it was swung hard enough to make something come off, superman was swinging it.

There was a study done, and nothing came off, and when it was swung hard enough to make something come off, superman was swinging it.

Mythbusters?

so what if a bit of 'matter' flies off. Its not like whole tentacles fall off, and no ones making a snow cone outta that ice anyway.

Again, it was in the article, but the Ducks complained about it. My guess is the players said they caught their skates in it.

It obviously could just be a case of sour grapes, since we haven't heard Red Wing players complain over the years, but if the complaint is legitimate -- that there are large enough pieces of octopi on the ice for someone to catch an edge -- what is the NHL going to do? Tell the opposing teams they have to deal with it? Obviously, the Ducks' argument must have been persuasive.

Well we all know Burke does his fair sharing of bitching a moaning, so I believe it.

I wonder if we're got any complaints from Colorado?? Hahaha...

If the NHL wants to try to improve its image, it should start by telling its star wonder kid player to stop diving in the playoffs. But trying to improve its image by taking out something that has been around a long time and gets the home crowd pumped is ridiculous.

If the NHL wants to try to improve its image, it should start by telling its star wonder kid player to stop diving in the playoffs. But trying to improve its image by taking out something that has been around a long time and gets the home crowd pumped is ridiculous.

Agreed!

Number 7,964 on the petition. Keep tradition.

I'm trying to remember when a www.petitiononline.com petition actually worked.

Haha, good point but it's the thought that counts.