Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purpleparrot66

Strange Outdoor Surface...

So I just got back from school and couldn't wait to go to my favorite outdoor rink. When I got there the surface looked strange. It was no longer concrete, instead it was this weird plastic-like surface made up of grid-like holes. I thought nothing of it, but when I started skating it was a bit slippery and stopping was kind of hard to get used to. But by the end of my session my wheels were all ripped up! Anyone ever play on such a surface? What's it called?

the discription sounds like Sportcourt, but that wouldn't rip your wheels up though.... These "grid-like holes" where they physical holes? or just in appearence?

I played on an outdoor rink in the carolina's. The surface sounds similar, It was horrible someone called it outdoor sport court, the holes where like a quarter inch and had little nipples it was weird. There were more holes than solid.

Nah it has physical holes, kinda diamond in shape, they are literal holes, I played on it again with some old wheels of mine this time they were soft grippers instead of x-soft grippers, I gotta remember to take pics of this rink I don't think any of you have ever seen anything like this, fortunately my wheels didn't get ripped up this time around but they wore down a lot more than they already were.

Yea it kills them pretty bad, I also don't like the bounce from the puck on this surface, and obviously this was the idiot's fault who installed it but along the boards there are these metal stakes that are holding down the surface I guess but if you skate over them they can trip you and if the puck hits it takes a ridiculous bounce

looks like it would be pretty painful to fall on... I guess they use it outdoors for drainage?

O yea, I got tripped up on a dude's stick and fell on my elbow, I think what normally would have been a scuff with maybe a bit of bleeding on concrete, but on this surface gashed my arm pretty bad like a cheese grater burnt like hell too. But I gotta say, after a full day of rain the next day its dry, so that's a +.

there is a place nearby me that has a similar surface to this - if it rains or if the dew even falls the surface is unplayable - and if you falls down on it you get big waffle burns that look really weird.