Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Oggie Sticky Grip Foam

http://www.oggiegrip.com/sticky-grip-foam.php

Intro: I've been using this stuff for a couple years now and I love it. Joe is also releasing a roll of the foam so you can get the straight stuff without all the shapes. That's a nice option if you're older or are a little more traditional.

Weight: I just use the straight line pieces off of the sheet. I wrap two lines around the top of the shaft and tape over that. Adding as little as I do there is no more weight than if the stick was taped. In fact, I would bet that my tape jobs with the foam weigh less than my old ones that are simply knobs of tape.

Performance: More than anything, it saves the palms of your gloves.If you tend to hold the top of the shaft in the palm of your hand, you tend to wear a hole in the palm where the butt end sits. I used to go through gloves every few months because of this. With the Oggie foam, I end up replacing my gloves less often. The spongy grip is also a little less tiring on the hands and forearms if you're constantly battling in front of the net or along the boards. I also find that it dampens vibration ever so slightly, improving the feel of just about any stick.

Intangibles: If you have big hands, this will give the butt end a little larger diameter. If you have smaller hands, slightly shaving down a wood plug will give you the room you need to add the foam without increasing the shaft diameter.

Durability: After a couple months, the foam will lose its sponginess and you will have to replace it.I have never had the foam rip or come loose in game play. In fact the only negative I have is that it can be a pain to scrape off the old foam when it's time to put on some new stuff. A razor blade and a little patience is allit takes, but I usually only have the first one.

Anecdote: I was testing some sticks the other day and yanked plugs off of some old pre-oggie foam sticks. After 45 minutes of constant shooting, I had blistered the palm of my top hand, something that hasn't happened to me since I started using Oggie Sticky Foam.

Conclusion: I love this stuff, I really do. While I rarely gush over any product, especially a cheap accessory, I do so with no shame over this stuff. I highly reccommend this stuff for anyone who makes a knob on the end of ther stick or wants a bit softer grip on the end of their stick. I have turned a couple of goalies on to this stuff and they claim that it works well for them at the point where the shaft and paddle meet.