Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seanmccann

Silicone Spray Skates

Is it necessary to spray my new Graf skates? On the paper that came in the box it said to spray them but guys at United Cycle said that it will not benifit. Should I spray or should I not?

you should because when u sweat it will get in ur skates and make them heavy ,i do cuz all my sweat goes into my skates and if i dint the skates would weigh like 5 pounds each.

yeah, i've got the same problem. i go bare foot in my grafs, and after ice times my skates are like a bucket of water. my feet sweat like crazy

yeah, i've got the same problem. i go bare foot in my grafs, and after ice times my skates are like a bucket of water. my feet sweat like crazy

Do what many pros do: drill a couple of holes through the outsole between the two towers.

JR does it to his skates and somewhere he explained how he does it.

i go bear foot to, does that work?

will drilling the holes affect the durability of the skate? how big and how many holes should u drill, and do you drill straight thru to the footbed? i'd be interested to try this, but i'm not sure if my dad would buy into it n do it...and theres no stores around here that would know what i would be talking about

5/32" drill bit, drill 5 holes in a cross pattern in the middle of the skate (between the holder towers). It will not affect durability.

Do not drill the footbed, LOL...

I'm sure someone on here has pics of a Bauer prostock skate - they do it to all of them.

Do not drill the footbed, LOL...

Hum, the CCM Vector Pros (retail) come with holes in the outsole BUT these holes go right through the insole, too! It makes sense to me because holes in the outsole only won't help as much. How should the sweaty air/steam pass through the insole without holes?

so pretty much u just drill through the white plastic outsole of the skate jr? how would that help drain sweat and keep your feet drier? maybe i'm just not following it right lol