Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Best wheel hardness for my weight....?

Does anyone know of a chart that explains what hardness (74A, 76A, 78A, etc.) is best for which surfaces?

I weigh 185 pounds and am looking for the ideal sport court hardness. I like a lot of grip but also not too much grip so I can't stop up.

Fletch, there are a LOT of variables in this equation, such as your height (center of gravity comes into play), what kind of skater you are (are you looking for breakaway speed, or a lot of quick turns), what kind of surface exactly, how well the surface is maintained, etc. If you give me (us) as much info as possible, we can help a lot more.

I would rather have TMI, and be able to tell you the differences, rather than say,"I use 74a's".

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/inskate-wheels.html

Check that chart out its ok....Personally though wheels are like any other piece of equipment, whats right for one may not be right for another....I am 165lbs. and use a Revision bronze, bronze ,gold ,gold, set-up on my vanguards...The Bronze wheels are suppose to be for those 200lbs and heavier, But they work well for me on the back...I like good amount of grip, but I like a harder wheel...I have never slipped on these wheels once and have plenty of grip...

What about 78A? Will I be slipping?

You should be fine if you use 78A. I'm around your weight and I use to use a straight 78A. I'm currently using a set of 76A as I got a good deal on them, but you shouldn't have any problems with 78A. I find the sprungs add extra grip, which allows you to use a harder wheel.