Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nsabino

Plantar fascitis, heel pain

Hi everyone,

Lately I've had pretty bad pain in my left heel. Some mornings it's even hard to start walking comfortabley. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice that can help relieve this.

Regards and thanks,

Nelson

Your best bet would be to see either a podiatrist or your fp. Common aliment these days and various ways to treat it based on the severity of the pain. Their is a product avaiable on the market in a patch form(nsaid) . You would have to talk to your doctor.

You may be able to get a cortisone shot in the affected area - my buddy has PF bad, got the shots about 5 years ago and is pain-free for the most part now.

if you are still having problems then try yoga at home. (it sounds weird but it works) I had some plantar fasceitis in the arches of my feet and the doctor told me to try some stretches. mine was from catching in baseball for whole games, but it sounds like similar pain. this was to the point that both feet limped when i walked. a google search would help you find specific ones for your back. it may not work immediately, but after a few weeks you should notice a difference. plus, the increased flexibilty should make you less prone to muscle injuries.

The tendons that run down the back of your leg are connected to three in the arch of your foot. When you point your toes up and look at your arch, you should see this triangle of tendons. Stretching will solve the problem, but you have to do it before every skate, and morning noon and night. Pushing the wall helps, as well as touching your toes.

Thanks for all the info and friendly help guys. I'll take everyone's opinion and use it, it's just my left heel but it like was said by someone leaves me limping.

Regards,

Nelson