Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modo9

Stealth, keep holding your breath...

I just got off the phone with Easton headquarters in Van Nuys, Cali and apparently (big surprise) the delivery of Easton Stealths to retailers has been pushed back to late October. The rep, Jenna, said they will most likely not hit retail locations until early November. I asked her if this would affect the pre-orders of skates for sticks, and she was not certain. The sticks for skates was Easton's way of pressuring retailers to move their Synergy skates, they promised retailers who ordered the most Synergy skates the earliest delivery of Stealths. When I last called Easton in mid-July, Peranis had the first two and largest orders for the Synergy skates, stateside, and therefore should receive the first Stealths shipped. I forget what rep I spoke to then, but that was the info I got. Granted just like any big corporation you have to take what the customer service reps say with a grain of salt, but with Easton's many past leadtime delivery problems, it looks like it's going to be business as usual. So it looks like we may have to all wait until all the leaves have fallen off the trees before we can buy a Stealth.

p.s. I just called Peranis and their paperwork shows a 9/14/04 in-house date for their Stealths, but then again a lot of things look good on paper

I hadn't heard anything about this yet. Keep in mind there are supposed to be two separate deliveries on Stealths.

The first was for September and was related to the skate orders.

The second is under a separate booking program being taken now, for a November delivery.

If I do hear anything I'll let you guys know.

On a sidenote, and I'm sure Justin can back this up, forecasting inventory and production is not the easiest thing in the world. A company can lose a buttload of money by forecasting incorrectly and just try to imagine the sheer volume of business we do with sticks. It is not an easy thing and inventory management can make or break a company.

Hey Ryan, that is what I was referring to with the "sticks for skates" phrase.

I know all about supply forecasting and inventory management. My company soley exists and thrives due to the numerous shortages in the semiconductor and memory industry.

The first person or company that comes up with a 100% full-proof inventory management solution that can accurately predict inventory needs and build-to-order exactly to meet those specific timeframes and deliveries will be a multi, multi-millionaire.

Look at the bright side, Microsoft can't hit a deadline and the product still needs work (sp2).

EDIT: Just an example, I assume the Stealth will be fine upon its release.

On a sidenote, and I'm sure Justin can back this up, forecasting inventory and production is not the easiest thing in the world.  A company can lose a buttload of money by forecasting incorrectly and just try to imagine the sheer volume of business we do with sticks.  It is not an easy thing and inventory management can make or break a company.

Don't bring me into your failed delivery attempts....

Just cause your company can't deliver on time...

Just kidding...

Ryan is correct on forecasting, etc...It can make or break certain products...

Come on Ryan, you guys are the leader in sticks..Order a 100k stealths and move on... :P :lol: :lol:

I have a quick question for Ryan or anybody else who can awnser it.

Is there going to be a free stick promo when the synergy skates are relased?

And another question if I may- Why hasn't Easton ever designed a helmet for hockey?

Thanks.

I have a quick question for Ryan or anybody else who can awnser it.

Is there going to be a free stick promo when the synergy skates are relased?

And another question if I may- Why hasn't Easton ever designed a helmet for hockey?

Thanks.

1. Only if they have problems and need to increase sales of the skate.

2. Liability and the expense of developing a new bucket? It's outside their area of expertise for the most part.

just my two cents:

1. Why make a package deal out of 2 products that will sell well enough separately

2. It would be a tough sell for easton to make a helmet, unless they came out with something groundbreaking, and different from everyone else, (not that they couldnt, but an easton helmet doesnt seem like a big issue right now)