Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranger-#8

Tour Carbons

How would you rate the difference between the Carbons and the 9.9's? They are pretty similar in price right now, and just wanting to make an informed decision. I doubt there would be much difference but just curious. Did they make a big change for the cobalt Q's?

The carbons are more like an updated Code-1. They are stiffer then the 9.9’s and Q’s while the Q’s offer more a forward flex than the carbons. At least for me. I would go with the carbons over the 9.9’s I think they are made a little bit better since they are the 2nd skate while the 9.9’s are the 3rd in line.

so i have a pair of carbons in a 7.5 and i swim in them. so i found a pair of code 1's in a 7, and they fit my foot fine. here's the rub.... my code 1's leave these nasty dark bruises around my inside ankles, and on the tops of my feet. i've baked em like 3 times. and i dont tie the top eyelit. has anyone else had this problem with tour stuff? specificaly the code 1's? and did tour fix the problem with the carbons? anyone?

I went from Code 1s to Code Carbons. I baked both the same amount of time and walked around in them for the same amount and didn't notice a fit difference. The only difference I noticed is that the Carbons are considerably stiffer, but other than that, fit-wise, I don't think I could tell the difference.

For some odd reason, the Q felt wider which is why I chose the carbons over them.

When first wearing the Q’s I felt the same but they now feel the same. Maybe not switch companies but which skate, but I don’t know. It is all personal preference. Although they have the same fitting for the most part they are very different with the Carbons being the stiffest and the code-1’s being the most flexible and not as stiff. With the Q’s for me somewhere in between as they are stiffer than the code-1’s as well like the carbons but offering more forward ankle flex over the carbons. These are just my views from wearing all three of these skates.

its not the stiffness thats the problem. or the fit on the foot, and or heel lock. its just my inside ankles, and the top of my foot. after hockey it looks like a mob boss took a hammer to me...

Do they have to take the wheels off to bake the skates? Never baked roller skates before.

I've seen people bake skates with the wheels on, but I don't think it's such a hot idea (sorry.. had to). I have always taken my wheels off and would recommend that they be removed.