Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2009 Mission Roller website up

hey maybe justin or anyone else who has skated on the black skates yet can give me some info on them. I currently have the boss skate. Had them baked and punched in certain areas they still cause blisters and also a burning sensation in my ankles when skating that I have never experienced in any other mission skates (I've had most of them also). Not sure if the boot is too stiff for me or not but who knows. What are the main differences between boss and boss black? weight? stiffness? I just want to skate without being uncomfortable. Is the commander black a better choice for me? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

hey maybe justin or anyone else who has skated on the black skates yet can give me some info on them. I currently have the boss skate. Had them baked and punched in certain areas they still cause blisters and also a burning sensation in my ankles when skating that I have never experienced in any other mission skates (I've had most of them also). Not sure if the boot is too stiff for me or not but who knows. What are the main differences between boss and boss black? weight? stiffness? I just want to skate without being uncomfortable. Is the commander black a better choice for me? Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

The Boss Black is a comfort improvement over the Boss in my book. I had my Bosses for 9 months until some of the padding wore down a bit and allowed my foot to rub against stiffer portions of the boot. The Boss Black has been one bake comfortable, my first time wearing them being an iron man tourny with no foot pain. I'm a huge fan of the indy foam pockets coming back into this line also.

thats good to hear, I'll have to check them out in person and try them on. I've had mine for about 8-9 months as well but just can't seem to get 100% confortable in them as I have been in other mission skates. Not sure if it's a combo between boot and chassis or just boot.

took sticks right off the site eh?

The sticks are always in the Ice section of the website, try looking round there.

or if your lazy heres a link to the sticks, complete with midi background music ;)

Mission sticks

Anyone tried the 09 gloves out yet? I like the Boss blacks...there dosnt seem to be much diffrence in the first 2 models besides palms? Anyone confirm this?