Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

pros and t blades

Mostly because they have access to people who will sharpen their skates exactly the way the want at any time.

And because they'd played without them for there whole lives... I understand most made the switch to composite sticks but T-Blades is a much different change in my opinion... and you see a few pro's switch every now and again, probably more in the future.

And because they'd played without them for there whole lives... I understand most made the switch to composite sticks but T-Blades is a much different change in my opinion... and you see a few pro's switch every now and again, probably more in the future.

Actually I don't think you will see many players switch.

The guy at my LHS said mainly because Graf and T-blade dont sponsor the NHL and they have to buy them there selfs and because they did a test and they said people that weigh over 185 lbs break them easily.And mostly because they can get there normal skates sharpened to there choice just like Chadd said.

The guy at my LHS said mainly because Graf and T-blade dont sponsor the NHL and they have to buy them there selfs and because they did a test and they said people that weigh over 185 lbs break them easily.And mostly because they can get there normal skates sharpened to there choice just like Chadd said.

lol, do you think a profesional hockey player is gonna care that much about buying a pair of tblades. Honestly. I bet they will find a way to get them dirt cheap if not for nothing. This obviously isnt a question of price, or sponsorship, lets face it, if a 160 pound 14 yearold can bend a tblade pretty severly(il post pics) i believe a pro can. As good as tbladedes are there not that customizable. Lets face it, an equipment manager can mold a blade itno practicall anything the player wants, And eith ease. Im sorry. But regular steel is the way to go.

Actually I don't think you will see many players switch.

Well you may be right... we'll see in the next 7-10 years when these kids that are starting to wear them get shots in the pro's.

In Germany's elite league about 15% of the pros use t'blades. Some of them are even former NHLers.

lets face it, if a 160 pound 14 yearold can bend a tblade pretty severly(il post pics) i believe a pro can.

uhh....im a 170 lb 14 year old :o

I'm 5'11 200 lbs and I've had great success with mine and I'm a very hard skater. Alot of pro's don;t think the T'blades look sturdy enough to hold up they think one shot and they are done.

lets face it, if a 160 pound 14 yearold can bend a tblade pretty severly(il post pics) i believe a pro can.

uhh....im a 170 lb 14 year old :o

and i am 6 feet tall , 14yr and 180-185 pound too...and got no problem with my t blade lol

i dont mean to bash t blades or anything but i think alot of the reason pros dont switch over more often is the look, not that its that bad, just very different from what everyone else wears and its not what they grew up with. t blades are a very good idea but i think they have a ways to go as far as tweaking the product before it will really become as mainstream as something like a tuuk (i.e get rid of that awful noise, and maybe the cirles too lol).

The problem with getting rid of the circles is that the steel has almost no strength and requires reinforcement along the entire length of the blade.

Dennis Seidenberg - PHilly

P. Elias (2 seasons ago)

I just sold my 735 tblades. They are very sharp... maybe too sharp for skaters who are used to skating bauers or ccms for 15 years or more (like me). Grafs are also a little too different for me.

And theres a guy that plays for San Jose but I dont know his name.

Christian Ehrhoff, young German D.

Equipment managers have a big say in what a pro puts under his boot...believe me, NHL'ers are thrown enough product for free to 'demo'.

If the t-blade was NHL worthy, you'd see more of them.

I've heard that most EM's don't think they stay true and they had more problems than solutions with t-blades...just what I heard.

Interesting to see what the future will hold with t-blade...