Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petey21

Forsberg helps finance hometown arena

This is a pretty nice thing to do when you got alot of money, help financing your hometown's new arena.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=97359&hubName=nhl

A brand new 6,500 seat arena for his old team MoDo Hockey, to replace the old 5,200 capacity Kempehallen that was built in the mid-60s. Might not be as big as the NHL arenas but considering the size of the town it's not bad at all.

Here's a pic of what the new arena (which is yet to be named) will look like.

fd2bed9f.jpg

He's going to make money off of the building so it's not like he's just giving them the money to do it. It is a good thing to do for the team though.

I think a lot of pro athletes (not just hockey players) can learn a lot from the way Forsberg handles himself away from the game. He seems like a guy that has his head on straight.

Didn't he also build a Golf Course in (or near) his home town? I know this and the rink for MoDo are probably going to make him mony in the end, but seeing as how they will also inprove the financial situation for the cities, and provide jobs, seems like the right thing to do...

Guest 2048

What I'd really love to see is one of the crap-ass rangers from the last seven years put up money to build a rink in NYC. There's only once place to play in manhattan and one in brooklyn. Figure that they're getting overpaid enough to help out the city a bit.