Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Graf 703 Shoulder Pads

Graf 703 Shoulder Pads

My specs: 6-1 225

PROTECTION

These pads are designed for mobility and comfort while providing some protection from crosschecks, slashes and pucks. Keeping that in mind, I've never been injured while wearing them but I have a nagging shoulder injury that isn't being helped by wearing these pads. The have a nice low profile shoulder cap and an adequate bicep protector. 4-10

Fit/Comfort

The pads fit well and break in rather quickly. This is where the pad shines, as it was designed to be a comfortable old-style pad. Laces int eh front help make the size very adjustable. 8-10

Quality/Durability

This is probably the most surprising part of the pads to me, the quality stinks. I have taken excellent care of the pads, dried them after every use, taken them out of my bag after every use and they are not holding up well at all. I still wear my four year old Hespeler Classic Lites more than I wear these pads. The laces will not stay knotted, let alone tied through an entire game. The eyelets for the laces rusted out within two months and are just jagged chunks of rusted metal now. The rest of the pads still look almost brand new but the lack of coating on the eyelets and the poor laces provided are major negatives. 4-10

Conclusion

I play adult rec hockey and wanted shoulder pads that didn't get in the way. That's what I got in the 703s but I'm still not happy about the runst stains and pointed metal remains of the eyelets on the front of the pads. The 705s are a bit more protective and don't have laces or eyelets, I suggest you try them if you want Graf pads. If you want classic style pads get the Sher-Wood or Hespeler Vintage Series. 5-10