Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dustwvl

question about mission carbster

I have narrowed down my choice of helmets to the carbster or the nike quest helmet. I can get the nike helmet with cage for 59.99, so I might just do that, but I recently tried on the carbster and it was incredibly comfortable. Unfortunatly they only had a M/L and an Xtra Large. The M/L was way to small. I Know hockey giant still has some but I am not sure how much of a size difference there is between the Large and Xtra Large. The xtra Large I tired on was just a little to big, but not by much. The nike helmet that fit me was a medium. For those familiar with the carbster, do you have any opinions on the large vs extra large?

As a fellow member of the huge head club, I used to be able to fit into a carbster a year or two ago.It broke and I never bought another. However, Recently I went to the shop to buy a new one in an XL and I came to realize it didnt fit. Sucks, twas a good helmet.I have found out that only two helmets will fit my head(7 5/8 hat size).Ive tried the 5000,8000, 652, 852, Itech 100(tho the 95 may fit), The only two that currently fit that I wear are Nike/Bauer 4(000) and the Quest. Many a people down the quest for its mushroom shape when its on your head, but I love it from a fit, protection and ventilation standpoint. I can't see the helmet when its on my head anyway, so it doesnt matter how ugly it is to me, but it keeps my brain nice and comfy.

Edit: I just re-read and you arent a member of the huge head club :(. I still like the quest better than the carbster(its more a jealousy issue since the carbster doesnt fit anymore :) )

I believe they have the actual size listed for the L and XL. You should try determining your hat size, it would let you know the proper size in any helmet. A google search should produce a conversion chart.

I dont think the "Hat size" comparison is right. MOST helmets should fit my head in L/XL. Both the CM and hat size are within the range that "supposedly fits".

I dont think the "Hat size" comparison is right. MOST helmets should fit my head in L/XL. Both the CM and hat size are within the range that "supposedly fits".

Since he said he tried one on and it was comfy, I'm assuming that one in the correct size will fit. A size chart will also show the relationship between the L and XL carbsters.

Since he said he tried one on and it was comfy, I'm assuming that one in the correct size will fit. A size chart will also show the relationship between the L and XL carbsters.

I all said was the size charts are not always accurate. My head is 23 7/8 inches around(with hair) and a size 7 5/8 hat. An itech large is SUPPOSED to fit a 22.4-24.4 head. Obviously modern math states 23 is less than 24, so my head SHOULD fit. An 8000 fits a 22.5-24.5 thats almost a full inch bigger than my head, but I couldnt squeeze my noggin into one yesterday.

That is true, but is there really a bigger difference between the 4000 and 5000? Other than the padding? The 8000 I can understand since its blockier and I can't describe my head that well.

I find the 4000 to be a bit more narrow than the 5000. Note that with the Carbster, we're talking about a shape that he knows fits his head. Once you find the helmet that fits your head shape the sizing is pretty easy to figure out. It's not rocket surgery. ;)

I recently bought a Carbster helmet at Hockey giant. One thing I don't like is the padding above your forehead absorbs a ton of sweat then when it gets saturated it runs down into your eyes.

They also calim that any visor will fit but I had a helluva time getting the one off my old Itech helmet to fit. I got it on eventually but there was some filing of the visor supports necessary to make it fit.

Other than that, good helmet.

The Hockey Giant website has a fitting guide for the Carbster, lean towards the bigger size as mine is a bit tighter than I'd like.