Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyweightphantom

Difference in length between chassis?

I was wondering what the difference in length (with or without wheels on) of a small vs medium vanguard chassis would be as i'm looking to put one on a size 8D flexlite 12 and dont want wheels to extend to dar beyond the front or back of the boot.

I was wondering what the difference in length (with or without wheels on) of a small vs medium vanguard chassis would be as i'm looking to put one on a size 8D flexlite 12 and dont want wheels to extend to dar beyond the front or back of the boot.

I wear an 8D NBH boot with a medium vanguard chassis on it. Fits perfectly.

i think the length is the same in every size. Same distance between wheels....... i believe the difference of length is in the distance between the plates of the chassis. Correct me if i'm wrong...........

For some reason i feel like a medium on my 8D would go way past both the front and back end of my skate.

The only way a medium would go past the ends of your boot would be if you used a frame that uses straight 80s (Hum'er, Sprung A7)

For some reason i feel like a medium on my 8D would go way past both the front and back end of my skate.

maybe a 1/4" overhang on both ends. I can take a picture if you want.

I think some of the chassis lengths change between small to large in approximately 3/8" increments(Labedas Hi/Lo various models)...I know they used to...have not looked at the most recent ones. Although from what I remember, the Hummer chassis did not vary in rail lengths, but only in the foot plate separation and placements.