Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RATM

ABS Tapered Blades

Hey,

I'm looking for an ABS blade to fit my Vapor XXXX shaft, I'm playing in a ball hockey league with some friends and I thought that the roller hockey guys would know more about this. I've been using a couple Z-Carbons I've got laying around but they're taking a real beating and the blades are a mess. I like a Sakic/Naslund/whatever curve, but I'd be wiling to switch it up as long as I can find a good ABS blade. I know it's hard to find a good tapered wood blade and it seems nearly impossible to find an ABS one.

Thanks,

- RATM

A while back, CCM was making a Vector 5.0 blade. It was a tapered ABS blade, and I have one or two for my outdoor sticks. They held up very well. I don't know if they are still making them or not.

I've been using the Vector 5.0 blades for ball hockey and have found them to be very durable. I picked up a bunch from Cyclone Taylor a couple months back. You might want to check and see if they have your preferred pattern in stock.

Thanks a lot guys! I was kind of dreading playing another game with those Z-Carbons.

UPDATE: I bought one of the V5.0s and it worked great, it's holding up really well, it's only been one game, but I broke the blade on a new Z-Carbon in one game, and so far it seems promising.

Anybody seen one of the V5.0's in a senior right Recchi curve? I've googled high & low, & come up with zip. :(

Anybody seen one of the V5.0's in a senior right Recchi curve? I've googled high & low, & come up with zip. :(

+1. I'd like to know also. Has CCM discontinued the V5.0?