Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeeZa32

Nike V- line of protection...

I just bought a paid of Nike V-10 Shins. All the bells and whistles are exciting but the non-elastic straps are uncomfortable and a bit irratating. Now, I have not worn these pads on ice yet, so I have no "true" feel for how they perform, but would I be better off getting rid of the straps and just tapin em tight??

I currently have some big, clunky Bauer 2000(which I really dont feel are a bad pad, other than the fact that the velcro can get caught in the jersey if I just slop em on...)... http://www.1800faceoff.com/prod_selected.i...on=54&shop_id=1 look VERY interesting to me. I know this is an SMU and im throwing a hot dog down a dark hallway thinking someone may have these(but JR or another LHSer may help me) and tell me what the straps are on these? Elastic? Or not? Is this "molds to your skin based on body temp" a gimmick???

How about the straps on the V-10 and V-12 line? I'm looking for a more low profile pad other than the 2000...

I cut the straps out of my V-12 like Nike THG "Pro-Stock" shins and I think they're fine that way. I also have those elbow pads and I like them better then the V-12's I had prior. Pretty much the same exact pad without the plasticy strap thing on the forearm. If you buy them drop me a PM and I'll give you a tip on how to mod them to have even beter range of motion.

Scratch all that elbow pad talk. I bought the Synergy elbow pads and LOVE them. Very low profile and the 3 piece construction is great.The only issue I have with them is the "Air donut" on the elbow. It takes a little bit of space away from your elbow and the cap.