Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeydevil11

blade lie

I was wondering if my blade is the correct lie for me its wearing in the middle slightly more towards the toe of the blade, so if you can tell me if i need to go up or down a number or something.

Thanks in advance

That sounds about right. If the lie was really off you'd be extremely to one side. For example I had a wrong lie and I wore down the heel of the stick in a big way. All the wear was no more than 3/4 of an inch long.

Now I use a lower lie and life is good.

Well if it's not wearing at all at the heel then you might want to try a higher lie. Probably no more than a .5 increase than what you're using now though since your situation doesn't sound very severe.

That wouldn't effect the lie of the stick. If anything he'd need to increase the length, but it looks to be a lie problem. I'd also raise the lie up a little, but in my opinion your on the right track if your raising your lie because its difficult to find low lies.

Because most blades are rockered on the bottom it's not as big a deal to have the perfect lie on your stick. If the bottom was perfectly flat, lie would be critical.