Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

New Labeda Wheels

The fact that the outer portion of the wheel is 83A intrigues me.. If I hadn't just bought a set of Rink Rats I'd spring for a set.

Paying over $100 for a set of wheels is just crazy....I know people want the latest and greatest thing, but the pricing of some items in the past few years is just stupid....

The 83A dosent bother me...I understand the concept and its a great idea if it works...You get more speed and better grip....But a good skater can get that out of a $2 wheel....Hopefully someone here will pony up and get a set and let us know how they work out....

Paying over $100 for a set of wheels is just crazy....I know people want the latest and greatest thing, but the pricing of some items in the past few years is just stupid....

I'd love to be able to buy a full set of wheels from a LHS anywhere in this country <_<

I don't mind spending the money, but at about 250lbs, i go through wheels like they are water. I am currently using 80A's and they last about 10 games max before they are flat-spotted or cracked.

I just order some Labeda Asphalts to try (I play on a indoor waxed wood floor) and was pondering the Addicitions. I can get 16~ Asphalts for the price of 8 addictions though, so I opted not to spend $12/wheel!

Geflitefish: Have you tried the yellow labeda grippers (82a)?

That would definantely be my best bet in your case. If not them then try the Rink Rat World Cup wheels.

i have a friend on my platinum tourney team that had them. he said that they were too "flexy" around the hub, so i wound up giving him a set of revision variants gold. and he says that those are the best wheels he has ever skated on.

on a side note, another guy i play with also plays pro for the jersey wolves in the aihl.... and he says revisions are garbage. and will only skate on rink rats.

I talked to johnny Mac at the narch tourny today on Long Island.He has the new code tabu skates,so I asked about the skate and wheels.he said the skates are very light and comfortable.not to stiff kinda broke right in.as for the wheels he said they didnt come with that grippy feel as a new soft indoor wheel has when you first touch them.but when you skate on them they grip very well stopping on a dime,great grip on the turns,they really hold the ground.he skated on them a few games so as for longevity we"ll have to see what happens .When they hit the stores I"ll probably give them a try.at least for the front and back wheels goes.

That would definantely be my best bet in your case. If not them then try the Rink Rat World Cup wheels.

I am using the yellow Grippers now (80mm/80A?). They are done after about 8-10 skating sessions. A very good wheel though!

I am fairly loyal to Labeda, but if the Asphalts can't take my abuse, Rink Rat World Cup's are my next choice.

I am using the yellow Grippers now (80mm/80A?). They are done after about 8-10 skating sessions. A very good wheel though!

I am fairly loyal to Labeda, but if the Asphalts can't take my abuse, Rink Rat World Cup's are my next choice.

From my experience wood floors chew up wheels almost as bad as concrete.

I received a demo set about a month ago from Labeda (they are pink instead of orange). I was told that these wheels are a great wheel for larger individuals as well. I myself being 6' 4" and 290lbs, love the wheel so far and the performance. I have only gotten to use them once so far at a tournament so i can't vouche for the durablity. I will be using them again at TORHS nationals so hopefully i can give some more information then.

Like stated in a previous post they dont seem as grippy to the touch b/c of the hard outer layer. However, you dont notice a lack of grip while on the rink. I don't know if they're worth the price, but i know if they last longer then the other wheels i tried (rink rats, revision) then i will surely spend the extra money.

I gave in and bought a set at $50 for a 4 pack, which equals out to be about $12.50 a wheel...although I have RBK 9K's so I had to buy 4 of each size when I only need 2 72mm's and 2 80mm's which kind of sucked but at least I have extra's.

As for the people who don't want to spend that much for a wheel, if you factor in the hardness of the wheel and believe that they wear as slowly as Labeda claims they should last you the length of 2 or maybe 3 sets of wheels, so you should get your money's worth.

Anyway I've skated on them about 4 times so I can't give a review on the life of them, but I have noticed a little more speed with them and just as much grip as any other indoor wheel....so if they stay that way for a few months then they will definitely be the best wheel out there and worth the money.

I gave in and bought a set at $50 for a 4 pack, which equals out to be about $12.50 a wheel...although I have RBK 9K's so I had to buy 4 of each size when I only need 2 72mm's and 2 80mm's which kind of sucked but at least I have extra's.

As for the people who don't want to spend that much for a wheel, if you factor in the hardness of the wheel and believe that they wear as slowly as Labeda claims they should last you the length of 2 or maybe 3 sets of wheels, so you should get your money's worth.

Anyway I've skated on them about 4 times so I can't give a review on the life of them, but I have noticed a little more speed with them and just as much grip as any other indoor wheel....so if they stay that way for a few months then they will definitely be the best wheel out there and worth the money.

Hey could you let me know how they hold up, im kinda intrested in getting some now

Hey could you let me know how they hold up, im kinda intrested in getting some now

Yea I will, although I took the middle 2 off so I can save the remaining 8 (remember I had to buy 12) for TORHS Summer Nats, so after playing 2 divisions down there on a full new set, I'll be able to tell you guys how they hold up.