Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

camhockey16

2009 Unrestricted Free Agents

How much is Biron asking?

At least three years, at five mill a year

Wow quite a big price tag for him. Wonder who would take him for that.

AK Bars Kazan?

Metallurg?

Yeah, exactly. I dont understand this greed, hes not really an elite starting goalie so anything more then 3-3.5 million is crazy, hes not worth it at all. I hope Burke lands the Sedins.

Even with the "timeout" he still was the Habs leading scorer. 65 points, 78 games and he had 84 points the previous year. He has a pattern of one sub par year then a dominant one. He looked great towards the end of last year and I bet he picks up right where he left off

This is not a pattern that a GM would want to waste his cap space on.

Even with the "timeout" he still was the Habs leading scorer. 65 points, 78 games and he had 84 points the previous year. He has a pattern of one sub par year then a dominant one. He looked great towards the end of last year and I bet he picks up right where he left off

This is not a pattern that a GM would want to waste his cap space on.

Well you can sign him short term, less money, bigger bonuses

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him teamed up with Morozov again, but there's an outside chance he'll take a one-year discount contract with Pittsburgh to take a run at the Cup and relive old glories, or sign on with a team of quality youth just for the hell of it. That fat KHL contract will still be waiting for him.

Fair point, chippa - the only way the Pens would take him is if they were really, REALLY sure their room could handle him. After this year, they might well be able to - especially if Mario decides to make Kovalev his personal responsibility. The only times in his career his head has been screwed on solidly were with Lemieux and Messier, and if Pittsburgh feels they have that kind of leadership in place, they might just take a shot at him.

i think its kind of amazing that so many players are willing to come to pittsburgh because of mario lemieux - i guess it speaks alot about what type of person he is..