Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citixen

Best backyard shooting surface?

So for those of you who have used the HDPE or other plastic shooting boards in their back yard, how long have you had them and how do they stand up to the weather? If it's rainy, do you have to reapply the silicone spray before you use? What about winter/summer tolerance? I live in Texas where the summers are up in the low 100s. Do the plastics have issues under these circumstances that anyone has experienced? Thanks.

I just got off the phone with Home Depot, they have 4' x 8' sheets of HDPE for 8.97 that are 1/2" thick. THey told me it's a pink sheet. Based on the price, it seems way less expensive than most of what I'm seeing on this thread. Is it not the right stuff, or just a great deal?

I just got off the phone with Home Depot, they have 4' x 8' sheets of HDPE for 8.97 that are 1/2" thick. THey told me it's a pink sheet. Based on the price, it seems way less expensive than most of what I'm seeing on this thread. Is it not the right stuff, or just a great deal?

That seems awfully cheap for HDPE in 4' x 8'. Last time I checked at a plastics place it was about $90 for that. Maybe it is excess from a job or because it is pink and they just want to move it fast. If it is the real stuff and you don't mind pink for $9 it is a steal.

That seems awfully cheap for HDPE in 4' x 8'. Last time I checked at a plastics place it was about $90 for that. Maybe it is excess from a job or because it is pink and they just want to move it fast. If it is the real stuff and you don't mind pink for $9 it is a steal.

That's what I was thinking. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I'm going to see today. For $9 its not much of a risk.

Should have known. Just got back from HD, apparently the guy on the phone yesterday thought I said polystyrene, not polythylene. Basic insulation. Back to square one.