Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey_player_11

Tracing IP through MSN

Ok, right now I am really pissed off. Someone has hacked into my msn account and is freaking out everyone I know. I've tried everything and cant figure out who it is. Is there any way to trace the IP and then find out who it is?

well, contact msn, and have them change your password. They didnt "hack" your account, they guessed your password. Through AIM it is very easy though, if you are talking to somebody, and are directly connection, just run a netstat -n from the command prompt, and there IP will be right there. I believe if you send files or connect in MSN, same applies

I think someone got my password to. I don't know how though, I never told anyone or came close to telling anyone, and my password is nothing like anything anyone would guess. Completely random. Is there any way someone could have guessed it. Is it also possible that MSN might have messed up, because I get the message that sais someone logged onto my account from a different computer.

I try to avoid using Microsoft services because they have more problems than the rest of the big ones combined.

they can get around the password. The "hints" are killers, they can get in and change your password if they answer the questions about you correct. Most people don't put much thought into those.

Usually that happens when your windows messenger signs in. It runs silently and does that. It really pisses me off. alt+ctrl+del and then go to processes and see if msmsgs or whatever is running. msnmsgs is the real msn and the other one is windows messenger.

I think someone got my password to. I don't know how though, I never told anyone or came close to telling anyone, and my password is nothing like anything anyone would guess. Completely random. Is there any way someone could have guessed it. Is it also possible that MSN might have messed up, because I get the message that sais someone logged onto my account from a different computer.

I had the same problem. I usually just leave my icq on, and my msn was signed out. Well I was on the net, and a message popped up saying some one signed on. I was like huh? So I signed on and it said I had been logged on at another location or something. So I just changed my passwords, and not it doesn't happen anymore. It's weird because it only happens to a couple people. Like in my family I was the only one, but with my friends, 10 of them had to change there passwords to or this kept happening.

A good cracker like LC4 could get right threw you password in minutes, if not seconds. For true pasword security, it should be a long string of Uppercase and Lowercase letters, along with numbers, for example EaGL41e16. If someone else has access to your computer, and could run LC4, your password would come right up. But as always, MS products have holes in them, so, get an apple