Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

Another Wimbledon classic.

I'm a big tennis fan and i usually ask for the day off when there's a big Grand Slam final coming up. I didn't bother this Sunday, thinking Federer would annihilate Roddick like he usually does. Big mistake, looks like i missed another epic match...

Anybody watched it? Was it as good as the Federer-Nadal five-setters?? Why-o-why...?

I couldn't believe how this match unfolded. I assumed that Federer would take care of Roddick as well, but i thought that Roddick would take the game after seeing the 4th set. These guys went back and fourth like there was no tomorrow. Very entertaining.

There were a few good engagements, but on the whole, I wasn't thrilled. If it had been, say, some middle round of the Rogers Cup, I would have said it was pretty dull tennis. Roddick played better than I could have ever imagined; the only reason he stayed in that game was because of Federer's bizarre forehand problems. Roddick did exactly what he needed to do, holding serve absolutely and trying to take the play to Federer at every chance, just to have the opportunity not to be beaten. Federer, for whatever reason, wasn't making good decisions and was muffing shots he'd normally have made without any effort.

Nothing at all like last year's final - not even close, except in duration.

Everyone I was talking too also said that Federer was going to crush Roddick but I knew that it was going to be a 5-set shootout. I like both Roddick and Federer and thought both were playing great and I thought it was an overall great match.