Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExitTwoEighty

Practicing outdoors

I have a portable fan setup and I'm ready to give it a shot in this summer heat. Starting a beginner team and my friends need as much practice as they can get.

Do you guys recommend buying a cheap set of goalie pads to play outdoors or buying a smooth roll surface like those for office chairs?

Anyone try it before?

ice time wasn't available back in my hometown during the summers for some reason. we had our goalies lace up in their game gear and we purchased (for 12 dollars each) white plastic laminate from homedepot/menards/lowes. we had about six all together taped together to give a nice shooting range for the players and hardly any wear for the goalies. goalies wore roller hockey blades, shoes or boots only with the holders taken off.

I'll tell you what I did and it will save u a ton of money. Go down to the hardware store and buy a roll or two of 'gorilla tape.' I put it on the surfaces of my pads that contact the floor. Not only does it slide nicely, but it holds up real well. I used it an entire season (on CONCRETE) and it held up for 10+ games. If yer on asphalt or something I don't know what to tell you