Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chappie

Best Philadelphia area pro shop?

Hello Philly area natives. :)

I was wondering what pro shop you guys frequent the most? I usually go down to Ice Works in Aston as a couple of the guys who work there are friends of the family, other wise I hit the local shop in Oaks, Center Ice.

My only problem with both places is that the skate selection is pretty limited, with Ice Works being the better of the two. I was wondering where you guys really like going/really has a nice selection? I'm looking for the biggest place possible. I've been up to Hockey Heaven in Colmar, but the skate selection was very small, though the help there is extremely polite and from what I could see very knowledgeable. I don't know exactly what I want yet, though I'd really like to go through the new Flexlite's and the Graf Supra 370 IX's specifically and compare them to the rest of the field. (those are my main two targets, and I'd like to see which fit will be better for me, and if they could in fact be right for me)

I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone knows any good sports-only or well stocked sports second hand shops. I have been to play it again sports but that's about it.

If you guys could provide any help I'd very much appreciate it! :D

If you feel like going over the border, Skate Zone in Voorhees has a really good pro shop. I don't think they carry Graf anymore, but they do have a pretty good selection of skates, including the new Flexlites. It's not a far drive outside of Philly, maybe 20-30 minutes.

I've gone down to Ice Line before and was pretty impressed by their inventory but as you said, the service is hit or miss. (I've had both good and bad experiences)

I might try the Flyer's skate zone in the Northeast, I assume it's basically the same selection? (honestly don't know... I know that Vorhees is the Flyers official training center though so maybe they might have different stuff)

Someone told me there is a really nice place in DelVal but I can't remember where. If it means a god fitting/wide selection though I'm willing to drive just about anywhere within 2 hours.

I've gone down to Ice Line before and was pretty impressed by their inventory but as you said, the service is hit or miss. (I've had both good and bad experiences)

I might try the Flyer's skate zone in the Northeast, I assume it's basically the same selection? (honestly don't know... I know that Vorhees is the Flyers official training center though so maybe they might have different stuff)

Someone told me there is a really nice place in DelVal but I can't remember where. If it means a god fitting/wide selection though I'm willing to drive just about anywhere within 2 hours.

DelVal sports had a good reputation for a while, not sure anymore. Skate zones are also very hit or miss from what the kids at my old rink used to tell me. It probably didn't help that they were the "other team" when they went in those rinks. I also heard that Aston increased the size of their pro shop when they went to more than two sheets.

DelVal sports had a good reputation for a while, not sure anymore. Skate zones are also very hit or miss from what the kids at my old rink used to tell me. It probably didn't help that they were the "other team" when they went in those rinks. I also heard that Aston increased the size of their pro shop when they went to more than two sheets.

I personally was never a huge fan of the Aston pro shop. They didn't have much of a skate/glove selection, just sticks. Voorhees' pro shop is definitely one of the best I've been to. And all of the Skate Zones' pro shops are NOT the same. Pennsauken's pro shop might be one of the worst I've ever seen. Northeast isn't bad, however I'm not sure about the staff. I know Voorhees has a pretty good, knowledgeable and courteous staff. That's where I got my KOR's converted, in about three hours too.

I went to DelVal when I was there and the skate skate selection is poor; no wide fittings and very little selection in sizes 9-10. There are very few skates as it stands. Good service though, the guys there seemed alright.

I went to DelVal when I was there and the skate skate selection is poor; no wide fittings and very little selection in sizes 9-10. There are very few skates as it stands. Good service though, the guys there seemed alright.

That's too bad, I prefer a wide in 90% of the skates on the market. :(

Maybe I'll venture down to Ice Works again. Haven't been down there since January.

That's too bad, I prefer a wide in 90% of the skates on the market. :(

Maybe I'll venture down to Ice Works again. Haven't been down there since January.

Timing is everything when it comes to skate inventories. Make sure you call ahead and find out how well stocked they are.

Hey,

I am not sure what size you are looking for we do have some hit or miss stock in the 370 graf skate over at hollydell but if you tell me the specfic size or around i will have some others sent over there if you would like to try them on

Ebondo whats up with picking the skate zone over your forum place of employment (that hurts) lol

Hey,

I am not sure what size you are looking for we do have some hit or miss stock in the 370 graf skate over at hollydell but if you tell me the specfic size or around i will have some others sent over there if you would like to try them on

Ebondo whats up with picking the skate zone over your forum place of employment (that hurts) lol

where's hollydell, exactly? I'm 6.5E or 7.0D/E depending on the skate. Thank you for the help!

Sewell, NJ.

www.hollydell.com

Only reason I didn't mention Hollydell is because it's a former place of employment, plugging your own shops gets looked down upon here, unfortunately. But, Hollydell is a great shop, and Frank's a great guy to talk with and deal business with.