Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric42434224

Elbow pads slipping

I've always experienced slippage with elbow pads and never thought I would find a solution. I was using an old pair of itech elbows. I started using the NBH grip shirt linked above and it didn't really help the issue. Finally ended up getting a pair of NBH XXV pads recently and I no longer experience slippage. I think the addition of the 3rd kind of stretchy strap that it has in the middle is the difference, plus the 3 piece construction. Whatever it may be I'm so happy my problem is gone.

This is why I tend to steer clear of long sleeved dry fit type shirts. I"ll go short sleeves, but no to the long sleeves. I do own a gripped shirt, but it'll stll slip somewhat.

Its just that these elbow pads kill my arms if I wear no sleeves. The straps really dig and irritate the skin. I think I will be trying both tape, and give the short sleeves a try. If I have no success, I think I will go with the grip shirt.

I have two long sleeve Nike dri-fit hockey shirts. They have a cotton feel rather than polyester. I find that they don't slip as much, especially when they get a little wet from sweat.

Depends which arm for me - I wear the long sleeve nike shirts similar to pictured with the grippers and one are still falls down slightly, which is my lower hand on the stick - makes sense because it is my swing arm from shooting and passing

I'm going to try to work on what may be the most ghetto equipment mod ever today.......I have some velcro strips laying around. One side in the pad...one side on the shirt.

Yes, I can see a couple flaws with the idea too. But that doesn't mean its not worth trying before spending $25 a piece on new grip shirts. That adds up fast.