Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BucksAway

Help with equipment

Heyy

I live in aus and finding cheap stuff over here is just impossible

So im going to order from the us to get shipped down here

I have found hockeymonkey to be good as they shei everything besides easton and bauer which is pretty good.

I have put together a list of what i think would be alright, but i have almost no idea

I need gloves, shin guards, pants and sticks

Mission Boss Black Sr. Hockey Gloves Black 13inch $US 70

CCM Vector V10 Jr. Shin Guards 13 inch $US 70

Mission Commander Black Sr. Roller Hockey Pants Black/Grey Small $US 50

Thats what i have for the first 3, can somebody please tell me if im buying the wrong thing and if there is something within the similar price range but better

For sticks i only want low-mid range composite as im only a intermediate ( i will show packs as my mate wants some aswell)

which one should i go for and what do you think i could change or get to make it more worth my while

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-sti...old-sr-2pk.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hockey-sti...08-int-2pk.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/sherwood-hocke...09-int-2pk.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-hkpulsesr-2pack.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-hockey...um-int-2pk.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tps-hockey-sti...r4-int-4pk.html

with that last one it seems best value because i we would both get 2 sticks for the price of one and since where only intermediate it would matter

Thank please leave ur opinions

ok dont worry about that...

Im now wondering how much i think shipping cost to Australia should cost for all this equipment

CCM Vector V08 Sr. Shin Guards 15 inch

Mission Soldier Black Sr. Roller Hockey PantsX-Large Black/White

RbK 8K Sr. Roller Hockey GirdleX-Large

Mission Commander Black Sr. Inline Hockey Skate 13EE

Boss BSB Swiss Bearings (608)

CCM 10100 Practice Jerseys White Xlarge

Reebok 8K Kinetic Fit Sr. Elbow Pads Large

RbK 4K AcuFlex Sr. Composite Hockey Stick '08 Model - 2 Pack

x2 Left Mid Flex Phaneuf

Warrior Dolomite Sr. Hockey Gloves 13 inch Red

CCM Vector V08 Jr. Shin Guards 13 inch

Warrior Bentley Clear Int. One-Piece Hockey Stick

x2 Left 65 Flex Draper

Mission Soldier Black Sr. Roller Hockey Pants Small Black/White

CCM 10100 Practice Jerseys White Xlarge Small White

Mission Sr. Stick Bag

Renfrew Colored Cloth Hockey Tapes Black x4

RBK 4K Hockey Helmet w/ Face Cage '08 Model Medium

Mission DSX Sr. Inline Hockey Skates 6E

Me and dad had a look at think it should be around 250 - 350 what does everybody else think it should be

I'd go for a cheaper girdle, the protection does not change all that much throughout the ranges. Tour and Mission girdles are cheaper but at better prices too. Same with the shin guards and elbows also I suppose.

I don't understand why you're buying the bearing especially considering the Commander Black skates you're buying comes with bearings of a similar standard anyway.

With regards to sticks, the 4Ks are terrible and so are the Warrior Bentleys. The Warriors are dead heavy and the 4K isn't very durable at all, try and go for something on closeout and considering you live without easy access to a decent hockey shop, I'd go for a shaft and blade so you don't have to keep ordering one pieces.

Tape and stick bags? Are they really necessary? Good choice of helmet though.

Shipping on all this comes to about $615

I'd go for a cheaper girdle, the protection does not change all that much throughout the ranges. Tour and Mission girdles are cheaper but at better prices too. Same with the shin guards and elbows also I suppose.

I don't understand why you're buying the bearing especially considering the Commander Black skates you're buying comes with bearings of a similar standard anyway.

With regards to sticks, the 4Ks are terrible and so are the Warrior Bentleys. The Warriors are dead heavy and the 4K isn't very durable at all, try and go for something on closeout and considering you live without easy access to a decent hockey shop, I'd go for a shaft and blade so you don't have to keep ordering one pieces.

Tape and stick bags? Are they really necessary? Good choice of helmet though.

Shipping on all this comes to about $615

The bearings arnt for the commander blacks or the DSX...there for a pair i bought in Australia

The tape probably isnt but its still cheaper online and since it will add almost nothing to the shipping cost i thought why not

Ill have a look into the cheaper shins and that..what would u recomened?

Hmmmmm i may have to re consider sticks then....we are only beginner intermediate so i didnt think it would matter that much....if there really bad what combos would u recomened?

$615 thats a bit pricey isnt it?

Ok i have alook at the hockey shafts

Its come down to this i think

Warrior Dolomite Grip Int. Tapered Hockey Shaft '09 Model

or

TPS Response R8 Pro Radius Tapered Grip Int. Hockey Shaft

and either these 2 for the blades since they are cheap and on special at hockeymonkey

Mission Tapered Composite Pro Stock Replacement Blade

or

Warrior Dolomite Tapered Pro Stock Blade

Also with going with the shaft and blade lower shipping?

Both of those shafts are great. Choose the blade depending on whats available. I've never tried Mission blades before but I hear they are good. The dolomites are fairly average. Either way you went with the sticks then you would be much better off than with the Warrior Bentley or the 4Ks.

The shipping I worked out via the hockeymonkey shipping calculator. It all depends on size and weight of the products.

For shin guards, considering you're playing beginner roller, the protection given with the high end shins isn't warranted. Look at the 4Ks if you want reebok.

I really like the Mission Pro Stock blades they have. You may want to check out patterndb.org before deciding on the patterns. I found it to be more helpful than the monkeysports tv they have that shows the patterns. I think either of those two blade choices is great for the money. Just have to find a pattern that you like. I found that the Mission blades have pretty long hosels for tapered blades (at least in the two patterns I used).

Both of those shafts are great. Choose the blade depending on whats available. I've never tried Mission blades before but I hear they are good. The dolomites are fairly average. Either way you went with the sticks then you would be much better off than with the Warrior Bentley or the 4Ks.

The shipping I worked out via the hockeymonkey shipping calculator. It all depends on size and weight of the products.

For shin guards, considering you're playing beginner roller, the protection given with the high end shins isn't warranted. Look at the 4Ks if you want reebok.

So get one of the 2 shafts or the RM19 and buy 4 or so blades for it?

Regarding the shin guards its only an extra 5 dollars for the CCM's..... as i only want to do this once in a while wouldnt it best best if i got the better equipment?

I really like the Mission Pro Stock blades they have. You may want to check out patterndb.org before deciding on the patterns. I found it to be more helpful than the monkeysports tv they have that shows the patterns. I think either of those two blade choices is great for the money. Just have to find a pattern that you like. I found that the Mission blades have pretty long hosels for tapered blades (at least in the two patterns I used).

Well regarding patterns i have almost no idea what to look for.

I play forward majority of the team but we switch positions so we each get a feel in a different position.

The thing i have noticed about my self is, i suck at getting the puck up higher into the air and struggle to get a really good fling whilst shooting.

What sort of curve would suite me the best.... i did some reading and it seems i should get an open blade face. can somebody verify this please

OOk

Last question

What shaft is the best of the 3

Sheerwood RM19 Tapered

Warrior Dolomite Grip Tapered

TPS Response R8 Pro Tapered

and what flex do i want for either of them

Im 65KG which is 143 pounds

Im also 5 foot 6

so not the biggest bloke going around haha

Thanks guys

obviously keen on buying from HG/HM ^_^

yer its not that i dont want your stuff but everything you have that i want isnt in my size or is right handed, and my mate only wants to buy brand new

i would start with the dolo, proven durability and performance compared to the other 2, as for flex, half your body weight, so you'll want something around 70ish flex as a start, probably go with a intermediate as its shorter too, i'll stress that its only a starting point, the more you play the more you'll know whats right for you

WEEEEEEEEEEE

Just put the order in for a grand total of $1,488.06 i will take pics and post it all up when the order comes is

Hopefully im only going to have to do this once for a long time and for a 17 year old its not cheap

Kyle, if you really want cheap stuff or brands like Bauer/Easton you need to hit up a shop/guy on Ebay. I scored my One90 skates last July on closeout for $450 AUS inc shipping!

PM me if you would like a direct link to shop in the states that will ship to Aus.