Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Psychology Help

I am taking a first year psych class in University. It's starting to pick up and gain a little interest for me, but before last week (were a month in) I just couldn't handle the ramblings. I've gone over my notes and am doing my research, but would love a little help. I need to come up for a few questions on this topic (preferably 2) and then research answers as well. I'd really love some help with finding questions to ask about this.

It's for stimulating memories.

- A good deal of Brain surgery is done with the patient fully conscious.. The Brain has no pain receptors, so brain surgery is painless once the scalp has been numbed with a local anastethic. It is a sensible precaution to stimulate them first to make sure that they don't do something that their removal will be an unacceptable risk. Back in the 1950s Dr. Wilder Penfield developed a technique to treat inactic epileptic seizures by removing the small part of the brain where the abnormal electrical activity began.

I need to go from this and create questions about : Brain Pain receptors, Brain Stimulating and Cerebral Cortex.

...I'm really not sure I know what you are asking us to do (maybe I am just slow...). If you could give us an example as to what you are looking for we might be able to offer more help. Well, I HOPE we can offer more help, anyways.

Basically questions among these need to be brought up. I came up with a few.

Why can the brain feel hot and cold, but not pain?

That was my main question, I broke off into it a little, I'm on my way out the door in a minute or else I would look up the other question and break-offs that go with it.

Things weren't very well explained to me and I'm not exactly acing the class (I have no interest in the class). I have emailed the group 4 questions total so I'm hoping thats enough.

How do they stimulate them to make sure that they don't do something that their removal will be an unacceptable risk?

what kind of removal are they talking about?

i dunno.... :huh: