Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predshockey13

Yet Another Skate Question

I'm looking into getting some new skates soon and I am going to go try some on but I have a few questions beforehand.

Firstly, I'm coming from bauer vapor XVI skates, which fit me pretty well width, length and arch wise, but I had pain on the bottoms and sides of my feet when skating. When I performed the pencil test I slightly failed, so tied my laces outside in in order to make more volume in the skate, which has stopped the pain.

Now, I have grown out of the vapor 16s and I'm looking for an upgrade in the X:60s. i have heard that the 60's are slightly deeper than the 40's, but would this apply to the 16's aswell? Or is the vapor 16 a completely different fitting skate than the 40's? Are there any other fit differences between the 16 and the X:60?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The X-60 fit should be similar to the XVI's but they will be much stiffer in the quarter panels. Judging what you said about needing to tie your laces on the outside I'd say you probably need to go to a wider skate, an E or EE for more volume. Go try on a pair in a LHS and see if the wider skate in your size is what you need. They should be more comfortable for you than a standard D width skate.

Thanks for the Replies

Duch, I have always had a fairly narrow foot (I have to wear 2A width running shoes) and don't know if skate width would be the problem, but my foot may have changed shape recently and I will definitely consider that when I go skate shopping.