Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ddbowdoin

Heavy Skater, Best Wheels for SportCourt

Just joined a league, using my brothers old skates with outdoor wheels and I'm dying out there... wheels slipping and what not.

I'm 5'8, 220lbs... what wheels (softness number I guess) will give me the grip that I need to skate but not break down in a month because of my weight

Thanks guys

likely not... I think what I have now are 84's and my skates were slipping everywhere. Maybe I need to get used to roller, I've never had much experience all that much with it. I'd make strides and my skates would slip out under me, almost pulling my groin.

I'd start at a 78a and then try to go to 76a or 80a if you need more grip or more durability.

Yea... revisions should work for you. I was going to ask what surface you played on?

I've tried 84a worldcups on sportcourt before, and was slipping all over the place.

I likely have some sort of medium wheel on my current skates, jesus... I almost blew out my groin about 5 times from my feet slipping out from under me. I hope that the softer wheels let me take full strides. I looked like a dauchhound out there, I had to make 10000 million mini strides to get around.

A little late since you've already ordered wheels, but in case the Revisions don't work out...I've been happy with Rink Rat wheels. I used their Hot Shot XX's and now am using some Hornets I got on closeout (62/78) and have been satisfied. I get the normal cracking (predominantly down the middle), but far less than I've had on Labeda Dynasty's and other wheels. I've heard a lot of praise about the Revisions, so I'm sure you'll be stoked. Oh, and I have a similar height weight...5'9" right around 2 hundo.

-Mike