Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reyno2ac

XBOX 360 Headset

With christmas coming up I'm trying to decide on what I would like to ask for. I was thinking a surround sound headset to be used with my xbox 360 but I'm not really sure if surround sound is worth the price. I play a lot of first person shooters like Modern Warfare 2. I'm currently using a 5 speaker surround sound setup in the living room but we had neighbors move in next to us and they have asked me to turn it down a couple times.

Here is what I'm looking at right now:

Surround Sound - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826235005

Stereo - http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/g-i-xbox-36...dset-black.html

The price difference is quite a bit and I'm sure if I were to go stereo I could find a cheaper headset.

My requirements are:

-Comfortable for long periods of time

-XBOX Live compatible microphone.

-Around $150 for surround sound

My 15 y.o. is using A Turtle Beach headset. He seems to be able to playf or HOURS on end. Claims that it truly enhances the experience. He's currently using the cable version and is campaigning hard for the wireless set-up.

I say tip it and go out and get some fresh air, hey maybe even play some hockey?!

Sorry, not aimed at you. Just think the whole world is getting weird and fat by sitting in front of screens all day long. I can see why though, these games are incredible, thats why i wont play them - I have a somewhat addictive personality and can see me losing my job if i started lol!

Go for the Tritton pair - skull candy are a joke

My 15 y.o. is using A Turtle Beach headset. He seems to be able to playf or HOURS on end. Claims that it truly enhances the experience. He's currently using the cable version and is campaigning hard for the wireless set-u

Is he using the XLC's or the X1's? I'm leaning more towards wired due to the cost.

I say tip it and go out and get some fresh air, hey maybe even play some hockey?!

Sorry, not aimed at you. Just think the whole world is getting weird and fat by sitting in front of screens all day long. I can see why though, these games are incredible, thats why i wont play them - I have a somewhat addictive personality and can see me losing my job if i started lol!

Go for the Tritton pair - skull candy are a joke

I do play hockey quite often, I just enjoy my video games too.

Old people get fat too you know, it's not the 20 year old "damn kids" who made this country obese.

My 15 y.o. is using A Turtle Beach headset. He seems to be able to playf or HOURS on end. Claims that it truly enhances the experience. He's currently using the cable version and is campaigning hard for the wireless set-up.

I was also going to suggest a Turtle Beach. A lot of my friends have one and they only have good things to say about them. I might be picking up one for Christmas.

Well, looks like I'll probably be asking for the Turtle Beach X1's. Wireless really isn't that big of a concern for me, its not like I go running around while I'm playing a game.

Well, looks like I'll probably be asking for the Turtle Beach X1's. Wireless really isn't that big of a concern for me, its not like I go running around while I'm playing a game.

just wait until nadal comes out :P

He's using the X1....

His campaign for the wireles is based on the little brother factor. Apparently he has walked/ran/rollerbladed by and dragged the headset from the 15 y.o. head more than once. :D

Went to Best Buy a couple days ago and picked up the Tritton AX180. I love it so far! Its a little bulky compared to the rest but its exactly what I wanted. Independent chat/game volume, mic mute and comfortable.

Now if only I could learn to aim in Modern Warfare 2.