Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kpeach122

Mission Commanders

Hey, just looking for some info on these skates. Were they the best that mission had before the new line of skates came out? they on a pretty good sale so might get them.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-inline...r-black-sr.html

A friend of mine just bought a pair of those for his first ever good pair of hockey skates and he absolutely loves them, he wouldnt even trade for the new ones

He says there comfier then all the otheres he tried on

BTW his foot is gigantic size 13

I have had my commander blacks for bout 8 months now and they are great skates. They are so comfortable. I have never had a blister or any discomfort. I had them baked, put the superfeet footbeds in, swapped the wheels for some revisions, and they are perfect. Another tip would be to use the easton synergy socks. Best performance sock and a killer combo with these skates. Just my 2 cents of course.

If you are coming from the lieutenants like I was, which made my ankles bleed, then you will be very happy with the commander blacks (especially at that price)

I got these from HockeyMonkey a few months ago and I love them, they fit like a glove and are pretty comfortable to wear. I wear a size 12 shoe and my commanders are 11EE. Just make sure you get the size right if you order from hockeymonkey because they'll screw you if you have to return them

Those were the second best out of last years line. Though the color scheme was way better than the white and lime green of the top of the line Boss Black skates IMO.

JUst got my boss blacks a week ago there the sickest skates ive seen and played in

i got them baked at a local shop. i just didn't feel comfortable risking messing up $400 skates in my oven. as for size, i got size 9.0D and i wear a 10.5 shoe. i would highly recommend trying them on and getting fitted if you can. it makes the world of difference having properly fitting skates.

On a side note I tried on the new Boss SE yesterday and thought straight out of the box it was one of the most comfortable skates I ever put on and i'm very picky. Im coming from the old boss which I wasnt too fond of, not to say it wasnt a good skate just not my cup of tea. Maybe try on the new line you might like it even better but you cant go wrong at that price!!

Anyone that has the Commander blacks...

How is the liner? I'm concerned about the Nylex material because I saw it in a shop and it looked like it could get slippery and then lose its grippiness for the foot. I don't want my foot sloshing around in there. Also, how is the liner after a few months of use? Does it breakdown?